Thread: Expired Travel Conditions. Urgent! Please Help!

Default Expired Travel Conditions. Urgent! Please Help!

Although happily settled in NZ since 2007 my daughter's family have found it found it a great struggle financially.
    The children are now 16, 18, and 21 and all still in full-time education so the parents have never been in a position to afford the renewal of 5 expired UK passports as well as the cost of the Permanent Residence Visas.
    The 18yr old now has the generous offer of an all expenses paid holiday in Australia with her best friend's family before she starts a degree course next year!! Needless to say the friend's parents are anxious to make the booking a.s.a.p.

At 18 my GD can make her own PR application (using birthday money) but:
    a )Is it likely that she can obtain both renewed UK passport and PR by the end of January?
    b) Given that she has fulfilled the conditions for PR would she be allowed back into the country without the PR visa assuming new passport arrives in time to travel
    c) Would an application for a variation of travel conditions be an alternative?

Any suggestions or advice would be VERY welcome.

is she is travelling and only wants a further RV then should be able to do that in to a soon to expire passport, 'over the counter" at INZ, same day. PRV's don't normally take that long to be dealth with. I suspect the issue is that she wont be able to travel to Australia if the validity of her passport is limited. SAhe might just have to forgo her holiday, wait for passport and then wait for the Principal applicant and other to have PRV issued.

I recently renewed my UK passport you do everything on line including pay before sending your passport back to the UK I sent mine off the day after doing the on line stuff and it took 3 weeks for it to come back. There is a faster way but you need to check on the UK site to see how much that will cost. Then she can get an Australian visitors visa which I assume can be done within 24 hours of receiving the UK passport back probably faster but check if she can go into your local NZ Immigration Office. She will still need to get her PR transferred over. Just an idea for a different route. Good luck hope things work out.

Many thanks for both above replies!
    Passport application was done 2 days ago,as you describe, Catt. Great to hear yours was was returned so promptly.
    We were especially worried because earlier this year my own passport took 9 weeks-and Christmas is also likely to add some delay! Palmerston North will provide PR Visa the same day, so it would be worth the long journey from Napier.
    Its good to know its likely to be possible.
    ChrysMwn, thanks for the reminder about the Australian Visa!

Looking hopeful!
    New passport was back from UK in 9 days!
    PR Visa should be returned within a couple of days!