Thread: Police certificate inquiry

Default Police certificate inquiry

Dear members of this nice forum:

I hope all of you are well.
    I am sorry to disturb you but I need help with a small inquiry, please. I have a question to ask about a police certificate. I know that we need to provide a police certificate from any country we lived in longer than 12 months. My question is whether we need to provide a certificate from a country where my partner lived less than 12 months? My partner, lived in Thailand from 16 August, 2012 till 6 July, 2013. The problem is that we listed this country in our expression of interest because we mistakenly thought we needed to list all countries we had ever lived in, but technically, she lived in Thailand less than 11 months. Because my partner did not live there a full year, I think perhaps she does not need to provide the police certificate from this country? Would you be so kind, please, to instruct us on this matter? (Frankly, to obtain any paper from Thailand proved impossible. We had sent there all documents needed for the police certificate but had gotten no response. Therefore, because my partner did not live in Thailand a full year, we thought that it might be less stressful to admit our mistake in calculations and to ask to the New Zealand immigration officers to cancel this entry in our EOI than to expect a reply from Thailand.) We can provide to the New Zealand immigration authorities certified copies of passport pages with entry/exit stamps verifying our claim.
    I will be very grateful to you for your response. Thanks a lot. Have a good rest of the week.
    Kind regards,
    Hussam.

Therefore, because my partner did not live in Thailand a full year, we thought that it might be less stressful to admit our mistake in calculations and to ask to the New Zealand immigration officers to cancel this entry in our EOI than to expect a reply from Thailand.)
    I think you're right.

yes no certificate needed. Don't go getting one. if your EOI was done online, and not selected you can simply edit it, or if you have the ITA, simply make the necessary amendment on the form and note the amendment on the sheet.

Thanks, guys for your help.
    This forum and its members are more than awesome!