Thread: Applying for Work Visa 5 months before expiry of the current one?

Default Applying for Work Visa 5 months before expiry of the current one?

Hello,

I want to apply for a new work visa and my current work visa expires in May. Is there any issue with that?

The reason is I have my family coming in February next year and I want to have a visa valid for at least 2 years before their arrival.

(They all already have visas that also expire in May, but since our partnership is already verified by INZ, I guess that there won't be any issues to get their visas renewed once they arrive here.)

Thx
    Last edited by scout; 11th December 2014 at 02:00 PM.

There's nothing against it in publicly available regulations, but I'm guessing INZ might think it a bit strange - most people try to lengthen the time available rather than shorten it. Also, we know from people's experience that when someone on a work visa applies for Residence, quite often there is little action on it until their work visa is about to expire, with the thinking seeming to be, 'They're already legal and making their living - what's the rush, when others still need to get a first visa?' So you could find the same kind of no-progress.