Thread: Partnership Visa-Help ?!

Question Partnership Visa-Help ?!

I am on a dependent visitor visa till 19 July 2015.I am supposed to get a work visa as soon as my partner gets a graduate job search visa.He is currently studying in Level 7 Business diploma.Do I still need to provide evidence of that we are staying together like I did the first time when I applied for dependent visitor visa?I am visiting my home country i.e India,since there was nothing much to do in NZ as I couldn't work on a visitor visa,so I moved to India for some time.Will the immigration question me about this when I am back? And how do I apply for a work visa ??Any help is welcome !Thankyouuu

Please take this very seriously. By being away, you are making things more difficult for getting further partner-sponsored visas for yourself in the future. Just because two people have been partners, and this has been accepted in the past, doesn't mean to INZ that they are still partners. (There are fraudsters who try to pay people who have the right to live and work in NZ to lie for them, to get them a visa - that's why these partner ones are checked out so VERY carefully.)

So yes, you are going to have to prove that you are together all over again. The proof that you are in a live-in relationship is the WHOLE BASIS of partner-sponsored visas from INZ's point of view, both visitor visas and work visas. And if you're in India while he is in NZ, that is not a live-in relationship. INZ sometimes allow a gap while one partner was away if a good reason is given (for instance, having to take care of family matters), and if there is proof of how the couple kept in touch to maintain their relationship during the absence, but 'there wasn't much to do so I went away' is not going to look right for somebody who is supposed to be with their life-partner.

INZ check the 'living together' very carefully, and even when a couple has proved several months or even years together, the CO will usually ask for MORE proof they have still been together, just before the visa is issued, to cover the time that has passed since the application went in, while it was being processed. This is to make sure they don't give a visa to somebody who has left the partner who is entitled to be in NZ.

When someone applies for a partner-sponsored work visa (details here of requirements and instructions http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...milystream.htm), evidence of having been living together for about three months at least, just before the application, is usually necessary for the application to be taken seriously. (That's the same as the requirements for a partner-sponsored visitor's visa.) But bear in mind that the INZ computer will show all the time that you have been out of the country while your partner wasn't. So the more time you have not stayed together, the more INZ are likely to wonder if you have actually broken up, and the more there could be difficulty when you apply for the next visa.