Thread: Relevant work experience that the ANZSCO indicates may substitute the required qualification

Default Relevant work experience that the ANZSCO indicates may substitute the required qualification

Hi. I worked as a hospital pharmacist for 16 years. I am an overseas trained pharmacist and does not obtain NZ registration. I want to apply for SMC as a hospital pharmacist but not clear about this part about......the relevant work experience that the ANZSCO indicates may substitute the required qualification.

I have Bachelor in Pharmacy in Fiji but not sure whether it is recognised.
    I also have Master in Public Health in Aust which I can work as a health promoter.

Please help, am not sure if I apply for EOI as a hospital pharmacist ? I have no job offer...am currently in NZ on visitors visa.

This part about the relevant work experience that the ANZSCO indicates may substitute the required qualification is wording that appears in many regulations, regardless of the fact that there may be NO provision for work experience to substitute a qualification in that particular career.

As you will have seen, the ANZSCO listing requires you to have registration. http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@....7?opendocument

Do your degrees appear on the INZ list of qualifications exempt from assessment, or have you had them assessed by NZQA?

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    This part about the relevant work experience that the ANZSCO indicates may substitute the required qualification is wording that appears in many regulations, regardless of the fact that there may be NO provision for work experience to substitute a qualification in that particular career.

As you will have seen, the ANZSCO listing requires you to have registration. http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@....7?opendocument

Do your degrees appear on the INZ list of qualifications exempt from assessment, or have you had them assessed by NZQA?
    Thank you JandM for your kind response. My degrees does not appear on the INZ list of qualifications exempt from assessment. Today, I will have my master degree assess by NZQA.

Have both degrees assessed - it won't cost you any extra. They do up to five (I think it is) qualifications all at once.

Have both degrees assessed - it won't cost you any extra. They do up to five (I think it is) qualifications all at once.
    Thank you for your advise JandM.

Pre- assesement NZQA submitted this morning. It was for my Master in Public Health(MPH) from Australia ( University of Queensland). I am thinking of submitting EOI as a health promotion officer ( skills required in NZ). A health promoter requires MPH. Since I am a fresher with no work experience, do you think I could be qualified to apply for health promotion officer in my EOI. My main occupation is hospital pharmacist. I am quite confused which should I use for my EOI. Please help!

Thank you for your time

Health Promotion Officer is a skilled job, so if you can get an offer, you could use it to apply under SMC, but it's not on the Long Term Skill Shortage List, so you wouldn't get bonus points.

Health Promotion Officer is a skilled job, so if you can get an offer, you could use it to apply under SMC, but it's not on the Long Term Skill Shortage List, so you wouldn't get bonus points.
    Appreciate your immediate response. Thank you JandM. My head is now clear which way to go. Thank you for your time.