Thread: Registration to EWRB required for ITA

Default Registration to EWRB required for ITA

Good day everyone!

We were selected last Nov.26 and we received our ITA last Dec. 10. I'am a registered Electrical Engineer here in my country and the principal applicant. We just have a few questions regarding the following compulsary requirements:

1. Registration to Electrical Workers Registration Board (Limited Certificate)
    a. Safety training - All accredited service providers are in NZ and there is no clear info in EWRB's website if overseas training is recognized. If I attend safety training with CPR and First Aid here in my country, will I be able to get registered?
    b. Supervisor - We understand that this person has to also be an Electrical Engineer. But since I do not have a job offer or a potential employer yet, can this person be just anyone who's a registered Electrical Engineer of EWRB?

2. My qualification is classified as Level 7 in the LQEA. Now we are given 2 options: Apply for IQA or get a supporting letter from IPENZ. IPENZ seems to be the cheaper option but it's not clear how we can obtain the letter. We emailed the assessment officer yesterday but there's no feedback yet. Does anyone have experience in this?
    Hope to hear from someone who can help.
    Thanks!

deelordz, I am facing the same issue as yours. How is your ITA progress? Have you registered with EWRB to enable the Immigration issue you the visa?

@ deelordz

You may check this below thread

http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42630