Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: INZ asking for 'signed' employment contracts (WTR application)

Default INZ asking for 'signed' employment contracts (WTR application)

Hi everyone, looking for some guidance here.

I lodged my WTR (accredited employers) visa application last week. As part of the application, I provided an offer letter, employment agreement and a NZ accreditation certificate of my employer. Yesterday, I received an email from INZ asking for a signed copy of the employment agreement. On further clarification, it was confirmed that they need signatures of both employer and employee on the agreement. The offer was made via email, and I have accepted the offer through email too, and we were planning to sign the agreement once I land in Auckland. Is this something that is usually done? Isnt an offer supposed to be valid even if it is unsigned?

I have asked my employer if it is possible for them to courier a signed copy from their end, which I can then sign and handover to INZ. I am doing my bit, but all of it seems a bit unusual to me. The request didnt come from a CO, I think its a local immigration officer.

Thanks!

Hi Artech

Can you please let me know, How did you mange to get offer letter?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by lmehta View Post
    Hi Artech

Can you please let me know, How did you mange to get offer letter?

Thanks in advance!
    Hi lmehta, I applied for a job and interviewed for it. The company then gave me the offer.

Thanks! for the reply... But my actual question was how to manage job offer as I am not in NZ. I can apply to jobs in NZ but is it possible companies in NZ will consider my application?
    is the reason you decided to visit NZ personally..?

Normally, only people with quite rare skills have any chance of getting a job offer while outside NZ. Here http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....952#post359952 is an old post giving the background to this situation.

Thanks!! JandM..for sharing the thread.

I had applied for the same Visa (see my signature) and scanned signed copies of Offer Letter were provided. Check with your CO, if this would be adequate.

Employer should sign and scan a copy of the employment contract. You then add your signature and forward to INZ

Thanks everyone, I submitted the signed version (I didnt scan it, the employer shipped a signed copy via snail mail). I lost around 10 days in this run around. Just got word from the CO acknowledging receipt, and the application processing has resumed. Hoping to hear the good news soon.

After a few minor hiccups, my WTR visa has been approved, and received my passport yesterday. It has a 3.5 yrs validity, as against a 2.5 yrs validity that I believe is usually given.

I am landing in Auckland on Feb 4th, and cant wait to experience the new country and culture (and new job of course)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast