Thread: Waiting for MA result on my Investor Migrant status not happy with my history of Breast Cancer

Unhappy Waiting for MA result on my Investor Migrant status not happy with my history of Breast Cancer

My husband and I were invited to apply for Investor migrant 2 status in April 2014 , I was undergoing treatment for stage 2 Breast Cancer and had paid for 2 operations in Dunedin whilst on holiday in NZ, my treatment was completed in Malaysia where we lived . Our CO says we meet all the criteria except that the MA feels I will be a burden on the NZ health service, despite our assurance that we always pay if we need treatment, assurances to the MA from my oncologist and surgeon that I have an excellent chance of a complete cure . The MA has now asked for a comment on my chance of a relapse over 10 years! This is very frustrating as we do not intend to live permanently in NZ , we are contributing to the economy ( renovating our house we have owned since 2006) as well as investments in NZ.
    I would be keen to hear from anyone else applying for Investor visas that have had similar situations with health issues,
    Thanks Joy

You'll see it says here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/i30866.htm "Applicants under the Investor 2 Category must meet health and character requirements (see A4 and A5)." And here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/i30866.htm is the listing of health requirements, including mention that any malignancy is a 'no', except "malignancies where the interval since treatment is such that the probability of recurrence is <10 percent." And it also says this at A4.10.2 d.
    The following factors have no bearing on whether an applicant is unlikely to impose significant costs on health services:

The ability of a person or organisation to pay for health services, pharmaceuticals, or residential care which may be required.
    The ability of an applicant to gain access to the private health system.
    So you see, annoying though it is, you are being treated exactly in line with the regulations.

True, it is very frustrating as I am very healthy and would be willing to sign an affidavit saying we would seek treatment abroad if necessary! Thanks, for the response.

This has nothing to do with the original question- I just wondered about the statement 'we do not intend to live permanently in NZ'...