Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Silver Fern 2014

Thumbs up Silver Fern 2014

Hi All,

I have been recently shortlisted for silver fern job search visa category on 20th Nov. 2014 :-) I have some questions please, if someone can assist:

1. Regarding my qualification assessment, I have got it assessed already recently from NZQA, bachelor is assessed at level 7 and masters at level 9. Based on my best understanding, in case of Silver Fern category, there is no involvement of EOI and points collection system as such, am i right ?

2. Secondly, moving ahead with the next steps, medical health check up is required to be done. Wanted to know, how long does that process usually takes, and do we get the reports and then we send it NZ Immigration along with other docs or it is directly sent by concerned approved panel doctor.

3. Lastly, regarding the english speaking tests, since I have by entire education in english and also I have worked for couple of years in Europe, so I'll be attaching all those proofs for english language, would that somewhat help in skipping the IELTS exam ?

Kindly share your experiences.

Regards,

1. That's correct.

2. It can vary, depending on which doctor you use http://www.immigration.govt.nz/templates/Content/ListsPopup.aspx?NRMODE=Published&NRNODEGUID={47E0D BEF-89B9-4DDE-A6F3-51C7DD4C029C}&NRORIGINALURL=%2fmigrant%2fstream%2f work%2fskilledmigrant%2fLinkAdministration%2fToolb oxLinks%2fpaneldoctors.htm&NRCACHEHINT=Guest, but most often when NOT in NZ, you collect the paperwork yourself and send it to INZ. Remember it is worth contacting several doctors before choosing one, since the prices charged can vary A LOT. And remember you will need to have the X-ray, and send in the radiologist's report. It is worth checking for yourself that the medical people have actually signed everywhere that they are supposed to. Here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...lExaminers.pdf is the handbook that the doctor is supposed to work from, to give you an overview.

3. I expect you have seen the regulations. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/41495.htm Your past history should indeed be enough proof of English ability. However, we often hear that COs are so used to seeing IELTS that they send out a 'Where is your IELTS form?' as a knee-jerk reaction. Usually, either having stated in a cover-sheet that your Proof Of English is (whatever documents), or a reply to the query stating the same, sorts the matter out.

Hi. For Silver Fern, there is no EOI or points. You sound like you will be fine. The system for medicals is changing. However, India is not part of the first group to change, so you need to follow the old system. Currently, you book an appointment with a Panel doctor and radiologist and then within two weeks at the most, you will get the results. In India, it is commonplace for the doctors to insist you don't open them, although this is not an INZ requirement.(see http://www.immigration.govt.nz/templates/Content/ListsPopup.aspx?NRMODE=Published&NRNODEGUID={47E0D BEF-89B9-4DDE-A6F3-51C7DD4C029C}&NRORIGINALURL=%2fmigrant%2fstream%2f work%2fskilledmigrant%2fLinkAdministration%2fToolb oxLinks%2fpaneldoctors.htm%3flevel%3d1&NRCACHEHINT =Guest&level=1). You then submit medical reports with other documents. If you have proof of being educated in English and having worked in a skilled occupation in an English-speaking country, I wouldn't bother with IELTS. INZ does reserve the right to ask for one, but it seems unlikely it will be necessary for you. Good luck!

Thanks a lot JandM / Karen for much needed support by answering queries.

Another thing I wish to know, after I submit all documents in NZ Immigration, usually how long it takes for CO to connect with me and then if best case, how soon can visa be stamped. Secondly, currently, I have a total exp. of 6 years in Software Engineering field, which is the same area I have attained for education and have the work exp. in same area too. So, my question is, usually how long it takes to get a job after arriving there in NZ and also, is there any possibility to apply for and get a job while being in India itself, before travelling to NZ.

Thanks again for your kind response.

Regards.

Hi Karen,

Link that you shared, doesn't seems to be working fine, can you please resend the link that works fine ? :-)

Cheers

The INZ website is down at the moment - they do this every so often for maintenance. Try the link again later.

I'm afraid there is no 'usually' about timings for INZ. It's not possible to predict. It depends partly on whether they find (or not) any difficulties with verifying your papers, and partly how busy the office happens to be when your file is going through.

How quickly you find a job is very much down to your own efforts, and again, can't be predicted. And I know this is not what you will want to hear, but you're VERY unlikely to be able to land a job offer from abroad. NZ employers have a known tradition of liking to see someone face to face. Also this old post may be of help explaining. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....952#post359952

Hey, is it not possible in India to get the medical reports shared from the physicians or doctors. I got my medical done yesterday, and physician told me, you would be getting the reports in 2 days time. I asked him, if they could mail me the reports before they seal it but they insisted, its completely confidential and can't disclose it, and he said if anything, you can discuss with doctor tomorrow once you get the sealed reports.
    How do I confirm, that everything is fine :-) I know I should not be much worried about it and its just a normal process to proceed but was just wanted to know :-)

Cheers !

You are allowed to open it and have a look for yourself, as Karen already said. Doctors get muddled with other countries that DO require sealed submissions.

Ya, I tried to navigate to that link which Karen sent but somehow, that link still seems to be down. Is it seal of some sort, that I can open it and seal it again in same way or once seal is broken can't be fixed in same way ? Sorry, its a way beyond stupid questions but just trying to understand different people experiences :-)

Failing Karen's link (it wouldn't open for me, either), see here. http://www.dol.govt.nz/immigration/k...base/item/3821 It clearly says, 'There is no requirement for a medical certificate to be sealed when an application is submitted to INZ.'

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast