Thread: EOI before partner IELTS

Question EOI before partner IELTS

Hi All,

I'm planning to submit my EOI on January assuming I can claim 140 points. It includes partner 20 bonus points. However, she has not yet done IELTS and getting ready for her exam on 29th January.

I just wanted to know do I need to wait until her result is released to submit EOI or can I go for EOI straightway and later submit IELTS results sheet when lodging ITA? Since I claim partners bonus points is this possible to do?

And Please note that I have completed the IELTS result last year March and I have 6.5+ average results.

Thanks.

I claimed bonus points for my partner's qualification (20 points) and provided a letter from the University that her BSc Engineering course was conducted and assessed entirely in English and accepted by INZ.

You can select the option "Study for a recognised qualification conducted entirely in English" during EOI.

If your partner cannot give any other proof of English apart from IELTS, then you are going to have to wait till you can give the IELTS certificate number on the EOI. If she can prove knowledge of English by the fact that she had part of her education in English, or she uses English for her work, you can go ahead.

Thanks kanexchan and JandM for your replies. Yes obviously she studied in English from her secondary school education and completed both ABE and Masters (Both UK Qualifications) in entirely in English. But I saw somewhere in the forum members told that even though we submit such letters from the universities there might be a chance of requesting IELTS results in the process of ITA. So we thought rather rush and do the IELTS and do beforehand in a relax manner.

So what would your idea of submitting EOI selecting the option of "Study for a recognized qualification conducted entirely in English", then latter when I lodged ITA, sending the IELTS result sheet along with the English proven letters from study institute? (Note that we won't be able to get them straightforward from universities since both of qualifications were studied as distance learning).

Thanks.

If you're keen to get the EOI in, then that will be the way to go, yes. Anything not straightforward about getting the letters, or about having INZ accept them, will be overtaken by the IELTS score by the time you have to supply your evidence.

I believe course medium should be mentioned in the transcript and with that evidence you may lodge EOI by selecting "study for a recognized qualification conducted entirely in English". Later you can amend IELTS results under "Amendments or New Information" in ITA.

There is no harm taking IELTS for safe side.

Our child was not born and not included when EOI lodged and later she was included in ITA and Visa was granted.

OK Thanks you both, I will go for EOI with "Study for a recognized qualification conducted entirely in English" and then I will submit the IELTS results with ITA. Thanks.

One more question, I checked the latest updates in EOI here http://formshelp.immigration.govt.nz...estUpdates.htm. According to the link, the last day EOI selection is Dec 10th and next one is due on 14 days which means Dec 24th, today it is 28th and no updates yet, is it normal? does it takes a few days to update the latest news? Or since 24th December was half day, has EOI not selected? I just wanted to know what should be the date that I should submit EOI.

Thanks.

The next one will be on 7th January, 2015. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...r-SMC-2014.htm

pooh mate.. did co ask ur wife to take ielts after eoi?

Yes She did IELTS after EOI and I amended IELTS score in the ITA.