Thread: Advice on temporary partnership work visa for my situation

Lightbulb Advice on temporary partnership work visa for my situation

Hi guys, here is my situation. I went to visit cambodia 2 years ago and i met my partner and we have contacted each other through facebook viber and skype pretty much everyday for 2 years now. I recently visited cambodia again about 1 month ago and travel and stay with my partner for the whole 1 month and I have got a lot of pictures together when we traveled, bills, hotel receipts, bus receipts. just before this christmas, my partner sent me a christmas gift with a letter. I also brought her a few gift too when i went visit her for that period of 1 month. I am a new zealand citizen.

I was wondering, would that be enough evident to prove that my partner and I are stable relationship and eligible for Temporary partnership work visa? I have read a few other threads, some people say, both people have to live together for at least 3 months which in my case, I have not lived with my partner for 3 months yet, only 1 month.

Thanks in advance guys.

Hello.

You're right that INZ normally require longer. It may be possible to add this well-documented month onto further times that you're together, if you can work out a way to travel again, or for her to visit you, in the near future.

So are you saying that I can only sponsor my partner here under visitor visa only? Is there any other way to have my partner here because I intended to marry her if we are good together. any advice?

INZ only interpret partnership as a couple living together. You can see their problem - anybody can SAY they have a relationship, but trying to judge the strength of people's feelings could come down to something like an essay competition, and partnership visas are the ones most targeted by fraudsters, paying people to lie to get them a visa. So the rules deliberately make things very tough, and use one thing that can have actual evidence - that the two people share their lives in the same home (or the same base if travelling).

There is the same problem for a partner-sponsored visitor's visa as for a partner-sponsored work visa - showing evidence of partnership for a length of time. You could try to get this visa, but you may have the same problem, of INZ thinking a month is not long enough for proof of partnership. Otherwise, your partner could apply for an ordinary visitor's visa, like someone going over on holiday.

I see. So how do i go about getting her to apply for an ordinary visitor's visa?

What are evidences that she needs before applying for an ordinary visitor's visa?
    Can I help her apply for it? Do you know if that ordinary visitor's visa is quick and easy to get?
    Could you please advice what are the things she needs before applying and what form should she use to apply for it?

Here's the page to start from on the INZ website. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/visit/

You can look at Google for the "Immigration NZ (whatever branch) processing times" page, for whichever branch will be the one she needs to apply to.