Thread: Letters of support for partner sponsorship visa

Default Letters of support for partner sponsorship visa

Hello all!
    I lived in New Zealand for six years and moved back to the Uk to be with my partner and we are now married and on our way back to nz in two weeks!
    I plan to sponsor him and we have a lot of evidence of our relationship but we want to ask several of our friends and family to write letters of support. But we aren't sure what to advise them to include!!

Do we just ask them to include when they met him, or his parents met me, and what we have done together with friends since then??

Can anyone help? Thank you!!!

The sort of thing you suggest is fine. How each person met the partner who wasn't their contact originally, when they first knew you were a couple, gatherings you were at where they were, what you did together, what they know about the other partner... The letters need to be individual, because the various friends and family will all have had different experience, and it would look odd if they ALL said they'd been at the same occasions!

Letters of support don't generally carry much weight. Better to focus on evidence that you are currently living together such as joint asset ownership, letters cards emails photos etc etc etc, and your own timeline of you relationship from when you first met till now.