Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice for evidence for a partnership-based temporary work visa

Post Advice for evidence for a partnership-based temporary work visa

Hi All,

My partner and I (22 and 20 years old) are planning to apply for a work visa under the partnership category. He is from Holland and I am a NZ citizen. Some background info: We've been in relationship for almost 2 years which started while he was in New Zealand on a working holiday visa. Two months later he returned to his home country for study/work and we maintained our relationship over email/skype etc. until he came back for a two month visit to NZ and lived with me. Then he returned again to his home country for study and we maintained our relationship over email/skype again. Now I am currently living with him in his home country on a two month visit.

We have a lot of evidence like emails to each other, photos of us together, airline tickets, tickets for events, hotel bookings for trips we've taken together and receipts of gift purchases. We could also get letters from family/friends to verify our relationship and our living together. However, we don't have any really strong evidence of living together such as tenancy agreements, bills addressed to us or joint bank accounts. Do we still have a chance at getting this visa?

Would it be best to apply asap while we are still in the same country? Or is it just as easy to apply while I'm in NZ and he is in Holland? Otherwise, if my partner were to come back to NZ for another visit of up to 3 months during which we could collect stronger evidence of living together, would we stand a better chance? Finally, would a declined visa application stop him from being able to enter the country as a short stay visitor?

Sorry for all of the questions. We've been reading a lot in this forum but the other posts we've read are quite different from ours. We would greatly appreciate hearing any answers to any of the questions, advice, stories or examples of evidence to use from other couples who have gone through this process!

Thank you for your help!

Sounds like you have heaps of evidence. Apply now while you are together and make sure you supply a detailed timeline of your relationship

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    Sounds like you have heaps of evidence. Apply now while you are together and make sure you supply a detailed timeline of your relationship
    Thanks for the reply! Will do.

A few extra questions for anyone to answer:

Would you recommend sending originals of evidence of partnership? (such as original boarding passes, tickets etc)
    If you send photocopies do these need to be verified by a justice of the peace or solicitor?
    Finally, how would you go about sending in emails, skype messages or text messages? Do these need to be verified by someone?

Thank you again for the help!

Simple copies of what you have are generally accepted for temporary visa applications .( if a case officer wants originals they will ask. Just print out any skype records ,emails of texts that you have and include these,

Hi marinz,

I am in the same situation as you guys are. I am from Holland and currently still in Holland. My partner is NZer and in NZ. Have had some difficulty with getting the appropriate visa as they are pretty strict. If you wish to contact me about this you can PM me.

Greetz,

Luv2fly

"Visa valid for further travel for 12 month(s) from first arrival. This visa expires 12 month(s) after first arrival. Stay subject to grant of entry permission. You must leave before visa expiry or face deportation. Holder may work for any employer in any occupation in New Zealand. Financial support evidence not required. Return/onward ticket not required."

Thanks for the help and support !

Now keep on collecting evidence and keeping it safe, because you're going to need to show a solid continuity of partnership when you apply for the next visa.

Cheers JandM! Happy to say we've got residency now!

Keep up the good work!

Congratulations!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast