Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FBI Clearance

Default FBI Clearance

Hi,

I got my ITA in the 1st week of Nov. I have all the necessary docs ready except for the FBI clearance letter (i had stayed in USA for about 3 years). I posted out my fingerprints via FedEx and was received by FBI on 18th Nov. Initial processing time on the FBI site said 12 weeks, now it has been updated to 14 weeks . Also I have no way of checking if the finger prints are legible and would not face rejection until after 12 weeks. My ITA submission deadline is Feb last. What if i don't receive FBI letter by then? What if my finger prints get rejected?

Keep your Fedex info handy (tracking info, receipt etc.). That's proof that you made a genuine attempt to obtain your FBI clearance letter. Around mid-January or so, your card should get charged. That's even more proof. I think you should be okay.

Whatever you do, do not miss your ITA deadline.

If you get within sight of your ITA deadline with no reply yet from the FBI, you should contact INZ, telling them all the proofs you have that you have applied to the FBI, and when, but that you are still waiting. They will almost certainly extend your deadline, OR (more rarely) tell you to submit the application without the police check and send it on when it arrives.

I have to disagree with J&M. INZ have no discretion whatsoever to extend ITA timeframe. You must lodge with 4 months of date of issue with ITA. If FBI has not arrived you can only lodge with the evidence that you have applied for FBI cert, with FedEx info and preferably a copy of the application and/or payment receipt.

ChrisMwn, is that a recent change in the regulations, can you tell me? It certainly used to happen the way I've said, and the last time would probably be early last year, I think.

I've PM'd you with the relevant INZ advices

I found it, thank you.

Thank you for the replies I have the FedEx receipt with me..will wait for the credit card to be charged.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    I've PM'd you with the relevant INZ advices
    Hey mate, wanna share that info with the rest of us?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast