Thread: Returning from Abroad plus Fiancee, Where to Start?

Default Returning from Abroad plus Fiancee, Where to Start?

Hi, I have been out of NZ for around 10 years and living in Australia and the Philippines in this time. I have both a NZ and AU passport and residency.

My fiancée who I have been with for 3 years now lives and studies in the Philippines. I have lived mainly in Australia but have traveled and lived in the Philippines for the last 6 years for up to 6 months at a time at least once a year.

I want to return to live in New Zealand and I would like to bring my fiancée over.

Our finances are not that great but I have property I invested in Australia. I will be looking for a job when I arrive but I also have a part time web based ecommerce business that brings in some income. I don't have a lot of savings but having my property is a good investment and growing in value.

What I would like to know is will we have any issues about me been away for just over 10 years and applying for my fiancées visa?

What Visa should we apply for her? Partner, Student or what type of visa would be best?

And general questions like when should we apply, should I wait to I have been back living there for some time? How difficult is it?

thanks in advance!

Hello.

As a NZ citizen intending to return to the country, you can apply straight away for a partner-sponsored temporary work visa for your fiancée. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...milystream.htm and http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/ This will depend on your being able to show evidence of having lived together, and, though the regulations don't mention any particular length of time, we know from experience that INZ look for about three months' evidence before they take things seriously. The gaps between may be an issue for your case, so you would probably find that they will only accept the most recent time you were together.