Thread: Still waiting response from my CO

Default Still waiting response from my CO

Hi all
    I applied for residency on 8th of April 2014 in SMC and got my case officer assigned in June 2014 and her name is Lupi Leattigaga. We sent the application to Christchurch Branch but at the moment its processing in wellington branch at the moment I think. So first time she contacted my employer was in late June and asked for some basic information which he provided strait away. After that she contacted my consultant and sent a big email regarding some questionnaire to be completed by my employer and so much paper work to provide as we ll at the same time which we did manage to submit within the time frame. SO since September 19th we haven't heard anything after that.
    So can please anyone suggest what will happen now. My consultant is saying they can take even longer time than that. Its already going to be 1o months on the 8th of January. Do you think I should get in touch with her directly or should ask my consultant to ask her whats happening. one more thing to notice here is that in between October and December my consultant did email her and asked her if she needs any more information and she never replied on that.
    SO any suggestions will be much appreciated.
    Thanks
    Regards
    Manpreet

My consultant is saying they can take even longer time than that.
    Yes, that's true.

One thing to bear in mind is that the INZ offices in New Zealand have been extremely busy, particularly because of trying to process all the applications for people coming in to work on the rebuilding of Christchurch. That's why many applications have been passed around to offices you wouldn't expect. (Some NZ applications have even been being processed in London.)

A question for you. Would I be right in thinking that you are in NZ with a work visa? If so, when does it run till? I'm asking because we've noticed many times before that a person in that situation has very low priority when applying for Residence. It's as if INZ thought, 'He's already here, working. These other people need a visa before they can start earning their living.' If someone in that situation gets to within eight weeks of their work visa running out, and then writes to their CO pointing out that fact and asking if their Residence may be ready in time, or should they apply for another work visa, VERY often the Residence is suddenly finalized within the next very short time.

Thank you so much for your reply JandM. I am on work visa and it runs out in June 2015. So it could be one of the reason Immigration is taking there time to process my application? Do you think there is anything to be worried about at this stage.
    Thanks again for your quick response
    Regards
    Manpreet

I think there is probably nothing to worry about. It's quite normal not to get anything from the CO for long periods of time - it's not a social, polite sort of relationship. See this old post. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....498#post485498

Thanks again JandM for your quick reply. i will keep it updated if I do hear anything from IMMIGRATION when they are back in action on the 5th. Till then fingers crossed and good luck to everyone who are in the same boat as me.
    thanks
    regards

SO finally I got a reply from case officer. My consultant was chasing up my application because its going to be an year soon since I applied. She replied two weeks ago that she was absent from work for personal reasons and by next week she will be in better position to update on my application as she is currently working on it. But it's been over a week since she said that and there is nothing after that. what could be the possibilities of her apply. Does anyone have any idea at all. Thanks In advance.
    Regards

Quote Originally Posted by dhanaula View Post
    She replied two weeks ago that she was absent from work for personal reasons and by next week she will be in better position to update on my application as she is currently working on it.
    You got the answer in your post. There can be several reasons outside your application's merit which could be causing some delay.

Thanks for your reply Sun777. Hope she gets back me soon.