Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NZAQ - Degree assesment

Post NZAQ - Degree assesment

Hello Expert,

I am seeking your advise regarding of my degree assessment by NZAQ. Actually, I am in confusion regarding of the right assessment. Currently I am working as University Lecturer in Malaysia. My degree area is as follows

PhD in Communication Engineering - Malaysia
    MSC in Computer Engineering - Malaysia
    BSC in Computer Science - India

Unfortunately, None of the degree is included in the exempted list. Now I want to apply as a University Lecturer with PhD. Can any one suggest me which degree I have to asses.

Thanks for your advise.

All of them. If you go here http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/qualificatio...ns-assessment/ you will see you can start the process. NZQA will assess all your qualifications without extra charge. See the links for more details at the bottom of the page there. This http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/assets/quali.../guide-IQA.pdf in particular answers a lot of the questions that people come up with.

Default NSQA assessment

I have a degree which is not in exempt list for my country. Pls help me on following questions
    1) do I need to get NZQA assessment before submitting my EOI or can I do that after selecting my EOI
    2) I hope to claim points for my partners degree which is also need to be assessed. So can I do it in one assessment or do I need to perform two assessments.
    3) if I am confident is it wise decision to submit my EOI by myself.

Thanks.

1) Yes. The EOI has a space where you have to fill in the reference number of your check done by the NZQA, if your qualification is not exempt. Don't waste time and money getting PAR - it's cheaper, but you will still need IQA for the proper application, so you would be paying twice. Also, PAR is only done based on the title of qualifications, whereas the IQA does a full investigation into the subject matter studied, for how long, to what depth, so there can be a difference.
    2) Assessments for several qualifications for one person come under the same application, but when it's for two people, you will need two assessments.
    3) It is perfectly possible to do everything required yourself - many here have done so.

Hi All,

I have completed Information technology 3 year degree with 116 credits.when i did the pre assessment for my qualification , NZQA assessed my qualification as level 6.i could not understand why my qualification assessed as level 6 even i completed Bsc degree.With this level i can not get 140 points to select the EOI automatically.Can any one please tell me if i do international qualification, is there any possibility to getting up my qualification level.Also any one have any idea what is the reason for my level became to 6.Its much appreciate if any one give me a prompt reply.

PAR is done ONLY on the basis of the stated title/source of the qualification. If you get IQA done, a full investigation is carried out of the subject matter studied, for how long, to what depth, so this could make a difference to the Level awarded.

To evaluate my qualification, are they consider the no of credits that i have completed during my degree program...As per my understand amount of credit award for a subject is depend on the country and institute.I mean in western countries they offer more than 10 credits for a single subject.But most of the Asian countries offer around 4 credits for a single subject.

I recently got my Bachelor of Information Technology Degree assessed from NZQA. I straightforward went for IQA. The result was Level 7 with specified outcome. From which university in Sri Lanka, did you get the degree?

There is no publicly available information of the process NZQA goes through or the criteria they apply. All one can say is that for ALL qualifications (and applicants) they require the fullest possible information about the course followed and the results obtained by the individual.

Hi Pooh,

I got my degree from SLIIT(Sri lanka Institute of Information Technology).How much of credits have you have in your degree program.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast