Thread: Skilled Migrant Catagory

Default Skilled Migrant Catagory

Hi i applied my application under skilled migrant as office manager in wellington branch. Am still waiting for my decision but my visa is expiring in February 15,my case officer told he need to do some verifications on my application. My question is what should i do to extend my work visa do my employer need to advertise or immigration will just give me extension.Please advise?

No, your employer does not need to readvertise. See WK2.5.1 here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/45676.htm

How long ago did you hear that from your CO? If you haven't reminded him within the last few weeks the date when your work visa runs out, it may be a good idea to do so - a lot of people have found that doing this gets their Residence issued very shortly afterwards. But otherwise, if he has said you need to get another work visa, you are clear to do it under the regulation mentioned above.

My co told me 2 weeks before that he will let me know whether i should apply for new work visa or not in January.But same time he said that he need to do some verifications on my application regarding ANZSCO ,i guess that i may have to apply work visa because it expires in February because they will obviously will take long to verify as i experience they work very slow specially in wellington.

I think the INZ offices were closed up till and including 2nd January, so you couldn't expect to hear anything till after the weekend. But I can understand your wanting to know very shortly if you need to take further action.

INZ Wellington closed till 5 January. Once again they have lost staff so expect things to go slowly. As you have SMC under consideration you do not need to worry about labour market test. Lodge a WV application about a week before present visa expiry, with a note advising SMC under consideration.

Hello,

I applied for assessment with VETASSESS. I have more than 8 years of experience in Internal Audit. But unfortunately I received a negative reply. Following was there reply:

The qualification has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor degree which meets the required educational level. The major field of study – Commerce, has been assessed as highly relevant to the nominated occupation. It has also been noted that you are an Associate member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.

Based on the documents provided there may be some relevant tasks, however as per the information conveyed by relevant company personnel, it has been established that your role appears to include accounting duties, taxation assessment, filing returns, verifying ledgers, reconciliations of bank deposits, identifying, reviewing taxation policies. While there may be some audit work, the other non-relevant duties listed above appears to be within the scope of financial auditing and ensuring statutory compliance.

Internal Auditors generally do not focus on financial analysis, taxation and accounting, and are not a part of the Finance department. Internal Auditors are independent of the management and a part of the Audit Committee with the responsibility of providing an independent view on the organisation's risk management, risk assessment and governance processes. There is no clear evidence that you are auditing operational, managerial processes and auditing various departments and functions in the capacity of an internal auditor as defined under ANZSCO and that your primary responsibility is internal auditing.

Therefore the employment described above does not meet the requirements for the nominated occupation Internal Auditor (ANZSCO 221214).

However, if you are of the opinion that you are undertaking highly relevant tasks, you can apply for a reassessment with additional supporting evidence.

When I checked with my past and current employers, none of them received any verification call or mail. Please advice how do I prove that I am working in the capacity if Internal Auditor.

The above assessment was for Australia but now I am not sure if I should apply for New Zealand as the criteria is similar for Internal Auditor.
    Last edited by anshu; 5th January 2015 at 06:38 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention the question

VETASSES or Australian rules have no application to New Zealand. Your role (job description) must substansially match that described on ANZSCO,(for Office Manager? 512111) and you must have either the relevant qualification described there, or relevant work experience to substitute for the qualification.

My employer questionnaire is done like 6 months before .Then my co resigns.After new co comes he said that he wants to do some verification on ANZSCO. What does hat mean .Will he send new questions again to my boss.If yes after that how long will they take to process because my visa is however expiring in February.

There's no way to tell what is in the CO's mind. It's not a standard matter with a predictable timescale, because every case, every applicant's work situation, is different. In your place, now the office is open again, I'd be saying to that CO how the time is now very short and you need to know what to do.