Thread: Apply for jobs?

Default Apply for jobs?

Hey all,
    My husband and I are working on moving to New Zealand. We unfortunately didn't get our application for the SilverFern visa completed in time and are 5 points short on our EOI for the Skilled Migrant Category for automatic selection without a job offer.

If we visit New Zealand, is it permitted to apply for jobs while there on a visitor visa? I know we would need a work visa to actually work, but most of those seem to require a job offer.

Any advice is appreciated! We are currently living in Canada.

Yes, indeed, it's perfectly all right to look for work while on a visitor's visa. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...20June2014.pdf You then need to apply for a work visa before you can actually start, and that can also be done without leaving the country.

Long ago when we applied for Visitor Visa, we clearly mentioned that the purpose was to find job and then apply for necessary visa before I would start work of any kind. Immigration office were totally fine with it.

Don't wait to visit, start applying from Canada!
    If you've skills which are needed here you might get lucky!
    We applied before our planned reccie trip which then turned into a final interview/contract signing kind of trip!
    Good luck