Thread: Moving to New Zealand with 2 dogs without visiting first

Red face Moving to New Zealand with 2 dogs without visiting first

Hello, my name is Arianne and I am a single 25 year old student living in nyc. I recently graduated with a BA in biology and it is my dream to live in New Zealand as I am currently pursuing a career in veterinary medicine. I plan on applying to the University of Auckland. The biggest problem I have is that I need to bring my two small dogs (9kg each) and all of my things from across the world all by myself. I wanted to do farm stay and work for any accommodation available, but would that work if I have two dogs? I feel like it really limits my options but I am very determined I would really appreciate any advice that comes my way.

Thank you for your time!

Ary

It wont be easy bringing in pets and looking for accommodation especially given that if you are studying in Auckland and working in a farm then the commute will be tiresome. We struggled with finding rental homes with our pet and were able to only get around with higher deposit (6 weeks instead of 3 or 4 weeks). Perhaps wait for someone else also to share their story.

May not be the most practical arrangement you have but nothing a little money can't do...

Can you do veterinary medicine in Auckland? I thought that was only Massey in Palmerston North.