Thread: Question re: Partnership section D on Residence Application

Default Question re: Partnership section D on Residence Application

Hi,
    I'm just putting together my Residence Application. My husband, an NZ citizen by birth, is sponsoring me (we have already filled out the Partnership Sponsor application 1178). However, in the residence application (section D - Partners personal details) it asks for my partners details as well as passport photos etc...do I still need to provide them? It seems as though the purpose of that is if he were included as an applicant for NZ permanent residence, however in my case this is N/A since he IS a citizen already AND he is my sponsor.

Similarly, my two kids are NZ citizens by descent and do not need a visa - do I still need to fill out Section F - Dependent Children?

It is just confusing since I'm not sure if I need to go through the hoopla of getting everyone passport photos if I am the only one who needs a visa.

TIA!

INZ prefer that you provide basic partner and dependent details (and in case of partner, photo) even though they are not applying. This allows them to tie things together such as in photos provided for relationship evidence , and in the partnership support fom etc. See also Q D1o on the form, "not included" For children just put their names and dates of birth , by adding "NZ Citizen". It then also helps them relate to birth certificates provided as as relationship evidence. (do provide children's birth certificates as this is useful evidence, assuming your NZ citizen husband is the father of your children)
    Last edited by ChrisMwn; 11th January 2015 at 09:50 AM. Reason: add info

Thank you! Ok, so I'll get my hubby to get his photos. I'm also including certified copies of my kids NZ passports (yes, they are the children of my NZ hubby). I have their birth certs ready to send as well.