Thread: SMC-Residence Visa Approved

Smile SMC-Residence Visa Approved

My SMC Residence Visa Got approved and got the email with "Approval in Principal" also,,,, after a loonnngggg wait

Million Thanks to this forum.

God Bless all the senior members for the perfect support, knowledge sharing and help provided.

Many Thanks to all the applicants who have been posting questions/queries/concerns/experiences on this forum. I never had to post any question on my own as all the concerns were already raised by someone and I was able to get all the answers easily.

I guess now I might have to riase some questions on my own regarding the move etc.

Nonetheless, once again Thank You ENZ Forum, Members and applicants.

ITA received -- July 2012
    ITA application submitted -- Nov 2012
    Invitation for interview -- Dec 2014
    Approval in Principle -- Jan 2015

Congrats...!!

Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by Anilrose111 View Post
    My SMC Residence Visa Got approved and got the email with "Approval in Principal" also,,,, after a loonnngggg wait

Million Thanks to this forum.

God Bless all the senior members for the perfect support, knowledge sharing and help provided.

Many Thanks to all the applicants who have been posting questions/queries/concerns/experiences on this forum. I never had to post any question on my own as all the concerns were already raised by someone and I was able to get all the answers easily.

I guess now I might have to riase some questions on my own regarding the move etc.

Nonetheless, once again Thank You ENZ Forum, Members and applicants.

congrats! :

I am getting anxious and yet excited as i am counting down my days to my interview on 27 Jan. Did your CO ask anything that not found in the usual questionnaire?

Nopes, nothing apart from the standard questionaire.
    Over all trying to ascertain whether you are aware of the country and whether you will fit in or not. So, the standard questions on Job market, job search, what if scenarios,, schools/education,, residence plans,,, cost of living etc etc

A good amount of reserach and preparation is required. There is abundance of material available on internet for the same. I found the https://www.newzealandnow.govt.nz/ website very helpful apart from bunch of other sites and this forum of course.

Broadly testing your knowledge and awareness of NZ on:
    1. Job Market, Work culture, Job availability as per your skills, reserach conducted so far, efforts/evidence for job search, what if you don't get a job for say 3 months, how will you manage finances during this period, support available in the form of say "Auckland Chamber of Commerce". http://www.settlement.org.nz/ is a good website.
    2. School/education for kids, how to find a school, the criteria for selection, education system in general of NZ
    3. Where you plan to relocate to and why, when do you plan to travel
    4. Cost of living in NZ, what are the major expenses expected, salary expected, salary range in NZ as per your profession
    5. Rent or owing a property, rental costs, choice of location, locality names etc
    6. will you do studies in NZ, will you be interested in doing business
    7. and the standard question but very relevent "why do you want to migrate to NZ" and "why NZ only"

Good Luck and best wishes for your interview !!!!!!!