Thread: Visa application submitted - Issue - Need help please

Default Visa application submitted - Issue - Need help please

Hi All,

Need some advice please. I have recently received a job offer from a reputed IT company in Auckland and applied for a work visa under "Long Term Skills Shortage List – Work to Residence Visa" as my occupation is under long term shortage skills. However, immigration officer says my Bachelor's qualification (Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science) does not exactly match with a degree in the qualifications list (http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/46052.htm). There is a Bachelor of Technology in information Technology in that list!!! grrrrrr...

Now the officer suggested I apply under Essential Skills visa category and that I request my employer to fill in page 4 of INZ1113 form and attach necessary evidence of advertising the job, etc etc. My employer has been kind enough to provide me that information however my employer says they do not have much data to support that i.e. they are not confident that Immigration will agree to the evidence supplied.

The other option would be to get my bachelor's degree evaluated by NZQA which is both time consuming (35 working days!!!!) and expensive (700$+) . I need advice from folks who have been in this situation earlier and/ or any valuable inputs/ suggestions/ recommendations. What can I do ?? Any time spent will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ben

Sorry for your frustration.

However, INZ is the law of NZ. There's no way to a visa except by doing what they require. When they say jump, you say how high.

Also, the officials are working to exact guidelines, and they aren't given the discretion to be at all flexible, so, although your degree and the one on the list may sound as if they should be treated as the same, it's not the CO's fault that he can't.

So you have to do one or both (because your employer isn't confident his evidence will be accepted) of the suggested courses of action. You could try just going for the Essential Skills visa, but if INZ reject that, you'd be back to zero. Whereas if you also get NZQA to assess your degree, by the time they were (possibly) saying no, you'd be ready with a next step.

as said above, you must do what they say...
    I think there is an NZQA fast assessment. (but it is even more expensive).

You should do this way. It will worth it.

Working with an immigration consulting firm, I know that not all INZ requirements are justified or even lawful. If you're certain about your qualification meeting the requirement, you should not give in to an unreasonable demand.

Having said that, this may be a good time to see an immigration lawyer or adviser. Some (even with long experience and good reputation) do not charge for the initial consultation. Check their background and any available review before hiring one. Feel free to compare lawyers/advisers' advice - but getting too many may confuse you.

Good luck.

Thank you all for your inputs. Really appreciate it. I am going ahead with the Essential Skills via and hoping for the best !!

I have submitted evidence for Essential Skills visa on 19th and my work visa was approved the next day

Excellent news - congratulations.

Thanks Admin