Thread: visitors visa? i'm confused.

Unhappy visitors visa? i'm confused.

My evidence for living together with my partner falls short of requirements and so it looks as though i will have to live work free in NZ while i clock up living together time.

As i am a UK citizen i believe can stay in NZ for 6 months without a visitors visa.
    However, from what i can see their is not category for those of us just going over to gain living together evidence, even though it is a method recommended by the immigration officers themselves. From what i can see they insist you must be there on a holiday or you are not a genuine tourist.
    Does anyone know how i go about getting to my partner from the UK and satisfying customs that i will be living off my partner while i go through visa applications?
    The information just doesn't tally up and i'm so confused.

Any advice welcome.

Thank you

I think it still falls under visitor category if you are visiting friends and family.

hi there, try a visitor visa based on partnership...also called a temporary visa...papers 1198...good luck

Quote Originally Posted by AdeLsAngeL View Post
    hi there, try a visitor visa based on partnership...also called a temporary visa...papers 1198...good luck
    Someone who hasn't enough evidence of partnership to get a partner-sponsored work visa can't be sponsored as a visitor by a partner either - the evidence required is the same.

However, there's other sponsorship - see here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ponsorship.htm chard, being from the UK, a visa-waiver country, doesn't mean you don't have a visa - it means you can board the aircraft without one in your passport, and then fill in the form as you're about to arrive. But you can apply in advance for a visitor's visa, if you want to have your situation checked out at leisure before you travel. http://www.dol.govt.nz/immigration/k...base/item/1027