Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone wants to find a language partner or learn Chinese in Auckland?

Red face Anyone wants to find a language partner or learn Chinese in Auckland?

Anyone wants to learn Chinese? Hey, I am Luke, a Chinese guy working in Auckland.* Now I am planning to find a language partner or am very keen on volunteering the Chinese teaching in English for someone who wants to pick up some basics or simple expressions of this language. My Initial purpose is to take someone to this new language, improve my oral English and know nice friends from this process.

When it comes to my qualifications, I hold the certificate of Teaching Chinese As A Foreign Language(It requires national theorical and practical test in China) and National Certificate of Putonghua-Mandarin ( Level 1-B, Provincial level For criterion),you are welcomed to view my teaching Video online if you are interested to see my public teaching style. But my practical Chinese teaching experience is what I am lack of( I only helped my friend to deliver Chinese lessons to overseas students for two weeks in my previous university during my master degree period.*Qualifications don’t count a lot, it only means that I acquired certain knowledge of methodology and am qualified to teach, but everyone knows that experience is the key).

In addition, I learned Basic Taichi( Forms and Push-hands, one form of Chinese martial arts)in China and had an opportunity to perform Taichi Forms when represented my university to attend an exchange program at an university in India( I am happy to share the web link of that report at local media coverage--Calcutta Telegraph if you are interested to see me in that photo).*If you want to learn some basics,I am happy to teach what I have learned within my ability.

Someone maybe curious about my initial purpose. The answer should be mutual improvement and I do wanna know someone who is in the same camp or with a good and meaningful reason. In China, I had my circle of Foreign friends' circle and often organized historical train or ancient town tour ,Karaoke, museum visiting, etc. Also during that period, I knew a very nice German schoolmate of my university from a local website like ENZ(though I am not quite familiar with this website and this is my first posting), we always dined out or joined different activities during his yearly language program in my university. She even celebrated Chinese spring festival with my big family in 2013(my hometown is far away from the city of my university) , her involvement to my family brought a lot of freshness to our Chinese New Year, and in turn, she learned a lot from our way of celebrating festival and I was happy to share what’s behind. All in all, we all had very wonderful moments in my hometown, now she is one of my most intimate friends and we stay in touch quite often though we are far away. Now I am in NewZealand, we miss each other and I do hope I can find such a friend in this way as well.

I love the locals and the lifestyle of NZ, it is quite an awesome place to live in , but to tell the truth, my life here so far is not that meaningful and colorful as before, language and cultural difference sometimes make me at a loss at different aspects(Online courses and audio listening lessons are still undergoing, but the effects are not that ideal though I still insist in them. So far my communicative English is still relatively limited when watching English movies and news or in a native speaking circle,). But I know it maybe a common phenomenon for some new Asians like me, but I believe I will be fine if someday I can speak relatively good English and become more cultually involved with time goes by. Recently I try to consider this way to explore some opportunities with my efforts. Teaching Chinese maybe a good bridge for it, and I do think my way of teaching should be much fun cause I may use a lot of vivid methods. PS:Your idea-donation is welcomed too.

Ideally I hope you have little or no basics of Chinese but very keen to learn this language,English or German native speakers are more preferred( I know majority of Germans speak excellent English); I think I have a lot of hobbies, very happy to share or exchange or learn from each other. I have no idea whether it works well, but at least I tried :-) Good luck for all of us, Lol!

If you are interested, please feel free to send Email to me(I am not familiar with ENZ system so far,haha),Cheers!
    E-mail: [Edited to remove personal details because of Forum Rule 10. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=40236 Make five posts on any thread and your Private Messaging will be switched on after about 20 minutes.]

Kind Regards,

Luke

Hi, I am interested. Can you make more posts so we can send private messages?

Hey, Parpalhou,thanks a lot for your reply. But I indeed don't know what should I post 5 more posts? Different Stuff? Thanks for idea-donation. Cheers!

Hi Luke, you can make another post about a different topic or you can comment/reply to other posts here in the forum (or even at your own post, see you made 2 posts already). You can see on the upper right side of your reply (below your join date and location) how many posts you have made. When you reach 5 posts your Personal Messaging privilege will then be activated approx after 20 minutes.

You can add one-word posts to this thread to make up the number, if there is nothing you want to say on any other threads.

:-) I try!

Thanks for all your idea-donations!

I hope it works, Lmao!

Enough I guess

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast