Thread: NZ immigration queries .

Default NZ immigration queries .

Hello to All,

I want to start my NZ immigration process and I joined today and this is my first post.

BACKGROUND:
    EDU:
    Bachelor's of Computer Applications 3 years.
    Master Of Computer Applications 3 years

Work Ex: Software Engineer - ANZSCO 261313
    6+ years (3 years in MNC and 3 years in Indian software company with no other office outside India)

IELTS 7.5 overall

SPOUSE : MASTER OF SCIENCE HAVING IELTS 6.5 OVERALL

Question 1:
    SM11.10 Requirements for recognition
    Work experience must also have been gained in a labour market that is comparable to the New Zealand labour market unless:
    i. the work experience meets the requirements set out at SM13.20 for work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage; or
    ii. the principal applicant has current skilled employment in New Zealand or an offer of skilled employment in New Zealand (see SM7).

Dose they count my 6 years of work experience as my occupation is in LTSSL list ? or Comparable labour market Law applies on me and work ex. will be reduced to 3 years ?

Question 2 :
    a) What need to be done to get " absolute skills shortage " bonus points ?
    b) Do I get 15 bonus points in Work experience and 10 in Education for having my occupation in " absolute skills shortage " ?

Question 3 : AM I calculation my points correctly ?
    SELF CALCULATED POINTS :

WORK EX. (6YEARS) : 20
    absolute skills shortage BONUS : 15
    EDUCATION : 60
    absolute skills shortage BONUS : 10
    SPOUSE : 20

TOTAL : 150

Thanks in Advance
    Jags

Hi,

Which country is the 3 years MNC experience ? I am not absolutely sure but comparable labor market is US, UK, Australia, EU etc. Indian experience may not be counted as comparable labor market.

Education points seem correct assuming the IT skill that you have is in absolute skills shortage list

Quote Originally Posted by dca777 View Post
    Hi,

Which country is the 3 years MNC experience ? I am not absolutely sure but comparable labor market is US, UK, Australia, EU etc. Indian experience may not be counted as comparable labor market.

Education points seem correct assuming the IT skill that you have is in absolute skills shortage list
    Thanks for your reply but I was reading on the link:

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...experience.htm
    it is written that :

What if I do not have a job/job offer?
    If you do not have a skilled job or job offer in New Zealand, any work experience you claim points for must have been in a comparable labour market.

We may award points for work experience in countries that are not 'comparable labour markets', but only if you were working:
    ->for a multinational commercial entity domiciled in one of these listed countries, or
    ->in an area of absolute skill shortage.

as I mentioned earlier I am working in an area of absolute skill shortage that means according to the clause above my 6 years work experience will be counted ?

Am I interpreting it correctly ?

Or is there any other clause written on some other page ?

I am bit confused here because if they'll not consider my 6 years of experience than my points will be 135 in contrast to 150 that i calculated myself.

-Jags

As mentioned by dca777, your education points may be correct. But you should go for IQA to get the correct points.

Regd the bonus points, I am sure that India experience is not in the comparable labour market list. Hence i am doubting that you cannot claim the bonus points. Check the NZQA docufor

Jags, I'm sorry about your difficulties getting posts to appear. The forum seems to be automatically moderating posts with links in them, which means they're not visible until one of the moderators comes online and can approve them. It's a nuisance - I've told the forum owner.

I think your time with the multi-national would be admissible without problems. Getting the other work experience allowed would depend on demonstrating that it was entirely relevant to the absolute skills shortage.

I can see you have already been looking at the INZ operational manual. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/6954.htm If you look at SM13 and SM16, you'll see what they require for allowing the bonus points. Yes, you can get points under both headings. As for your qualification, have you checked it out? - it will need to be either on the list of qualifications exempt from assessment, or you will need to get it assessed by NZQA, for an IQA (they do all your qualifications at once, for one standard fee), to see if if matches with the bonus points requirements.

Hi JandM,

ha ha Ya I was bit anxious that where are my post-replies are going.

Today I read the INZ operational manual and found out that

1) My qualification need to be assessed by NZQA and some additional appendix have to be attached with assessment request to get Absolute Skill Shortage bonus points.

2) If my work ex is in Absolute Skill Shortage than "Comparable Labour market" law will not be applicable on me.

please rectify me if I am getting it correctly or not ?

-Thanks
    Jags

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

SM11.10 b says this.
    Work experience must also have been gained in a labour market that is comparable to the New Zealand labour market unless:

the work experience meets the requirements set out at SM13.20 for work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage
    I expect that's what you've been reading?

Yes JandM,

exactly I was reading the same.
    May you please send me the latest link of the SMC operational manual, Just want to crosscheck that I am going on a right track.

-Thanks,
    Jags

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/6954.htm That's the part about points for the EOI under SMC.

(Just Google "Immigration NZ operational manual" and it will come up, or if you know the paragraph you want, you can put it in, for instance "Immigration NZ SM16". If the pages look like the ones here, on a white background, that's the current version. If you find you're looking at pages on a blue background, those are a previous version which has been replaced, so you need to look further.)