Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rent a house with dogs in Tauranga

Default Rent a house with dogs in Tauranga

I Know it's going to be hard but any advice on renting a house when you have 2 dogs? My dogs leave quarantine the end of February. More bond? Pay for a professional clean ? Any advice would be great !!We are moving from the UK to Tauranga.

Advice given in the past usually boils down to making sure you meet the landlord personally, so s/he can judge that you're decent people who will look after the place, and offer to put in the rental agreement that you will have the place professionally cleaned before you leave. It can also help to talk to local people about your requirements, e.g. in shops (particularly any pet shops), in the library, etc., and maybe put up cards.

Will message you if you complete 5 posts on here, i live in Tauranga and have a contact who helped me get a place that allows dogs. She does house letting she may have something on her books. Cheers Anni

That would be great ! Thanks so much ��

Hi there Doglover, i would be interested to find out how you solved your housing with 2 dogs issue - I am hoping to move to NZ late 2016 with my wife and 2 labradors, any advice would be appreciated.

Doglover hasn't posted on the forum since March, so may not see your question. If you make five posts on any thread so you can use the PM system, s/he might get an email alert if you send a private message.

DrAlex, are your labs outside dogs? A bit easier if yes.

Quote Originally Posted by breeze View Post
    DrAlex, are your labs outside dogs? A bit easier if yes.
    It is quite unusual for dogs to be kept completely outside in the UK unless they are working dogs (on farms etc).

Hi I am moving over this Friday and my dogs will follow within a month and so I really could do with some good advice Anni, would your contact have any options for us?

Many thanks
    Belladonna

Hi Catt

Coud you share with me the contact as well as im facing the same situation now.

thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast