Thread: Essential Skill VS Approval in Principle

Thumbs up Essential Skill VS Approval in Principle

Hi All, I need your help in deciding which box i should tick on my working visa application.

At this moment I am working as a Hotel Reservationist ( call centre ) in an Accredited Company. I was here in NZ because i got open work visa based on partnership of postgraduate student. I received Job offer 4 months ago and my visa is about to expire in 1 month ( I already here for 11 month).

My questions is, which box should i choose on work visa application? Essential Skill or Approval in Principle? If i tick Essential skill, do i need to provide Employer Supplementary form ( but on the form stated that "If you are an Accredited Employer, you do not
    have to complete this form to support a work visa" source: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd.../0/INZ1113.pdf )

Or I have to tick Approval in Principal ( my understanding is accredited employer is the same as Approval in Principal)

Please let me know.

Thank You

PS: This forum is the best forum about living in NZ. Moderator and all the users is the best!!

I know from past posts that you are on an open work visa, being the partner of a postgraduate student (or who has maybe gone on to a job search visa now). The job you are doing is not a skilled job, so you would not be eligible for an essential skills work visa in your own right (and it does not matter if the employer is accredited or not, in that situation). I think you will only get another visa if you apply for the same kind of thing as before - a partner-sponsored temporary work visa.
    I think you have the wrong application form. You should probably look here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra.../familystream/, and click on the links to get the form YOU must fill in, and the one for your partner to sponsor you.

Hi JandM Thank you for your reply.