Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visit Visa for my Wife

Default Visit Visa for my Wife

Hi guys,
    I am in really difficult situation after the refusal of general visitor visa (temporary entry) for my wife. Here is a bit of background of my marriage.
    "My parents choosed my wife and we got married during my annual holidays visit to Pakistan on 7th September 2014. I returned back to New Zealand on 23rd September 2014 since I have a job here. We applied for the visitor visa and it got declined right away due to the reason that “We have concerns regarding your actual intentions on arrival in New Zealand and whether you actually intend a temporary stay which comes from the lack of any substantial reason to return to your place of residence provided in your application.”

Which is true since we have to live together for the rest of the life. I called a few times to the immigration office here in Auckland and they suggest to apply for the same category because we do not meet the requirements for the partnership based visa, neither have I any other visa type to apply for. They suggest to write a cover letter describing your situation which i have not done in the first application. So we lived together only for a couple of weeks. Just a note i hold a resident class visa and currently working (permant position) in Auckland.

Now i have prepared all the documents again but confused should i apply for general visotor visa again or partnership based visotor visa?

I am hoping some help from anyone's experience.
    Last edited by jehanzaibkiani; 21st January 2015 at 03:49 PM.

Yes, your wife should apply for a general visitor visa again, WITH a letter explaining that you have just made an arranged marriage, so she needs to come to live with you in NZ.

INZ only regard partnership as a live-in relationship, proved by verifiable evidence, and there needs to be about three months' evidence for them to take an application seriously. So when she has been living with you that long, and you have collected the evidence, THEN you can apply for a partner-sponsored temporary work visa, and later on, partner-sponsored residence. Here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...artnership.htm is INZ's suggested list of evidence of partnership. Probably more useful are these old threads from the forum with discussions about what evidence to supply. https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof (This following part refers to when she will have arrived in NZ.) You need to set up matters AS SOON AS she arrives to make it obvious that official bodies know that she is living there - such things as a bank, the tax authorities, mentioning her as a beneficiary on your insurance, registering her with a doctor. Get mail sent to both of you at the same address, and save the envelopes. Take lots of photos showing you both in the same places/at the same occasions. Arrange for people to send you invitations in both your names. Try to get around three pieces of evidence for each passing week. And keep saving evidence even when your partnership application will have been sent in, because it is normal for INZ to ask for more just before the visa is granted (to make sure they are not going to issue a visa to someone who is not still with their partner).

sure. yes we had provided all the proof but the only thing seems missing was cover letter. oh yah have not sent the bank statement and further commnication so we will lodge the applicaiton again and see how it goes. the only thing worries me that they would ask again that it does not look like she wont go back to home country since we have applied for the general visitor visa

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Yes, your wife should apply for a general visitor visa again, WITH a letter explaining that you have just made an arranged marriage, so she needs to come to live with you in NZ.

INZ only regard partnership as a live-in relationship, proved by verifiable evidence, and there needs to be about three months' evidence for them to take an application seriously. So when she has been living with you that long, and you have collected the evidence, THEN you can apply for a partner-sponsored temporary work visa, and later on, partner-sponsored residence. Here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...artnership.htm is INZ's suggested list of evidence of partnership. Probably more useful are these old threads from the forum with discussions about what evidence to supply. https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof (This following part refers to when she will have arrived in NZ.) You need to set up matters AS SOON AS she arrives to make it obvious that official bodies know that she is living there - such things as a bank, the tax authorities, mentioning her as a beneficiary on your insurance, registering her with a doctor. Get mail sent to both of you at the same address, and save the envelopes. Take lots of photos showing you both in the same places/at the same occasions. Arrange for people to send you invitations in both your names. Try to get around three pieces of evidence for each passing week. And keep saving evidence even when your partnership application will have been sent in, because it is normal for INZ to ask for more just before the visa is granted (to make sure they are not going to issue a visa to someone who is not still with their partner).

You don't need to send bank statements etc. yet (not as other evidence of partnership, only if you're thinking of proving that you can support your wife while she's on the visitor's visa). All that about evidence of partnership is ONLY for the visa you apply for when she has been living with your for about three months. You need to collect that evidence, then apply for the partner-sponsored visa when you have it in hand.

the only thing worries me that they would ask again that it does not look like she wont go back to home country
    That is why the INZ office suggested to you that when you apply for the visitor's visa once more, you send the covering letter to explain the whole circumstances. When you write the letter, tell them that INZ in New Zealand told you to do it this way.

ok. Just to verify, here are the forms we have to fill up? Because these are the ones i sent earlier.

INZ1017 (visitor visa applicaiton)
    INZ1025 (Sponsorship form i will fill up)

I think that's right.

Thanks man yah all good. i was confused reading the other INZ1146 FORM.
    Cheers!

That one is for if you have enough evidence of partnership (living together) to sponsor the wife or girlfriend into the country.

sure yah.

Hi there, i am depressed after getting the reply from the immigration last night. Here the decision is
    "We have declined your application for a visitor visa because you do not meet the requirements set out in visitor visa immigration instructions.
    We have made this decision because:
    Bona Fides and Genuine Intent Immigration Instructions not met" They also said that "You have stated that you plan to visit New Zealand for the purpose ‘to join my husband’ and intend to be in New Zealand for twelve (12) months. We acknowledge that this is a lawful purpose but at this time you do not New Zealand Immigration Instructions. You have stated that you do not intend a temporary stay in New Zealand but intend to apply for a Partnership Visa once in New Zealand. As you do not intend a temporary stay in New Zealand you cannot meet Immigration Instructions for this application. While you have supplied some information regarding your relationship with your husband we cannot be satisfied that you would be approved a further visa once in New Zealand. "

The reason is almost same as they had given earlier. I am totally clueless now. i had clearly written that we dont have any other option to apply for thats why we are applying for visit visa. We lived only 3 weeks together and i returned to Newzealand for my work.

Any suggestion will be usefull here since we are already declined two times. I am thinking the partnership based visa now but when i read it seems that we have not spent enough time together to proove our stable relationship.
    any idea or experience from the forum please.
    Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast