Thread: Job Title/Description not in ANZSCO

Default Job Title/Description not in ANZSCO

Hi,

I have recently started working in a major engineering company in nz and its a relevant to my area of study. Its a good paying job and I satisfy the immigration condition of having a base salary of more than 45K. But I have discovered that my job description and job title are not in the ANZSCO. Its not even remotely matching any of the other engineering job codes out there. I m planning to apply for EOI and I am really confused as to what I should be doing right now.

How about Engineering Professionals nec (not elsewhere classified) - ANZSCO 233999? http://skillshortages.immigration.go...essionals-nec/

Thanks for the reply, I looked through the 233999 code and I couldn't find the job in the list either. So could I apply for EOI with this job code or should my job position be on the Engineering Professionals nec list?
    Cheers!

That list is just for example. 'Not elsewhere classified' means just that - it's a niche job that nobody has written up for ANZSCO. But if it's Engineering, it's skilled, and you couldn't have got it without the appropriate level qualification, it probably comes under that heading for INZ purposes. Out of curiosity, what do you do in your job?