Thread: How Much time after first entry ? to return to NZ if i moved out

Default How Much time after first entry ? to return to NZ if i moved out

dear seniors

my first entry date for RV is july 2015 , suppose i enter NZ before 2015 and then move out in 15 days ,

1, how much time will i have to return back to NZ before the travelling conditions will get expire ?

2, or do i need to stay 6 months after 1st entry in NZ

regards

Your question has already been answered by Sun777 in the other thread you started (and got locked without giving me a chance to reply... how convenient).

The travel restrictions last for 2 years, after which you have to prove your commitment to NZ in order to be eligible for a permanent residence visa (without travel restrictions). If you leave NZ after your travel conditions have expired, you lose your residence status.

Here's a link, your highness. Hope I haven't offended you again.

Link: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...quirements.htm

lolz thanks...

May I correct something ,

He could activate his visa and leave New Zealand for 2 years and come back on the day or day before his travel conditions expire and then stay for two years ( without travel conditions ) and apply for permanent resident visa

Quote Originally Posted by nyyenz View Post
    my first entry date for RV is july 2015 , suppose i enter NZ before 2015 and then move out in 15 days ,

1, how much time will i have to return back to NZ before the travelling conditions will get expire ?
    Considering you arrive in NZ & activate your visa in July 2015, you will have 2 years time to return back i.e. July 2017 (live & work in New Zealand for further 2 years i.e. July 2019 to qualify for Permanent Resident visa)

Quote Originally Posted by nyyenz View Post
    2, or do i need to stay 6 months after 1st entry in NZ
    No, this is required only when you want to apply for Permanent Resident Visa. However in above example, if you plan to travel out of New Zealand from 2017 to 2019, you will have to apply for "variation of travel condition" more information available at this link: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...quirements.htm

Hope that helps.