Thread: working occasionally as freelance for UK company while on visitor visa in NZ

Default working occasionally as freelance for UK company while on visitor visa in NZ

Hello
    I have been trying to look for this information for a while but I cannot seem to solve my dilemma: I am UK based and work as a freelance consultant (working remotely from my living room-laptop, not in business premises) for 2-3 UK business, and I am paid on my UK bank account in GBP, paying my taxes in UK.

Would it be allowed, while I am on a visitor visa in NZ and waiting for my partnership sponsor visa to be approved, to continue doing occasional freelance work as above (hence not working for New Zealand). I assume not, but I am not 100% sure.

A big thank you to anyone that could shed some light on this

Who says you need to tell the immigration officer that you will be doing so when you enter the country? I don't think they'll be checking your UK bank balances.

Hi Lulu,

how's things for you?
    did you aget your work visa?

I would like to know how you manage to declare those foreign revenue, and if you do invoice with your IRD or if you still use your UK company as before coming to nz?