Thread: Immigration Help Please

Cool Immigration Help Please

Hi All,

My girlfriend and I are looking into migrating to New Zealand, either temporarily or permanently, and I was hoping some of you may be able to give me some advice. I'll provide as much information as possible:

I am 30 and a sales manager with no degree but have around 5 years experience in this position.
    My girlfriend is 23 and graduated with a 1st from Sheffield University, she currently works for GSK (large pharmaceutical company) as a HR Manager.
    From what I can see I don't have enough 'points' or criteria to gain entry myself but is there some sort of partner's visa where there may be some interest?

We are trying to work all this out but its all a little confusing so I would very much appreciate any assistance anyone can provide. Also if I have missed any key information please let me know - I'd be happy to fill you in on anything else.

Many thanks
    Tom

You need to get familiar with the routes towards a visa that lead on from this page. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/work/

1. Possibly your partner would have enough points to put in for Residence under the Skilled Migrant Category. If so, if you can prove you have lived together for at least 12 months, she could put you on her application as a secondary applicant, and you would get Residence as well.

2. If one of you could manage to get the offer of a skilled job in NZ, you could apply for a temporary work visa. This would mean you could sponsor the other for a partner-sponsored temporary work visa http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...milystream.htm, which would allow him or her to take any job offered, and would run for the same amount of time.

What subject was your girlfriend's degree in?