Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Certified copies confusion

Default Certified copies confusion

Hello,

Our family has just received our ITA for a Skilled Migrant Residence Visa. I'm excited yet overwhelmed. As for proof of employment, what do we send in for certified copies? For example, if our former employer writes a letter stating we worked for him and signs it, does he need to have it signed then by a JP? Or can we take it to a JP to certify it? Do we even need to? Can I take any original document to a JP and they will sign it? Am I thinking through this too much? Help!

Thanks so much!

Hi jongela,

May I know when was your EOI got selected? Is it January 7th or 21st? My EOI was selected on 7th and I'm still waiting for ITA.

About the work experiences letters, I think you can send a service letter from employer in the company letterhead directly addressed to your INZ processing branch stating that start-finish dates of your employment, the role and responsibilities you performed and no of average hours per week you worked. Further you can send the latest salary slips as well.

Since those documents are addressed directly to the INZ you don't need to get certified copies of those documents by a JP. Just send the originals.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jongela View Post
    Hello,

Our family has just received our ITA for a Skilled Migrant Residence Visa. I'm excited yet overwhelmed. As for proof of employment, what do we send in for certified copies? For example, if our former employer writes a letter stating we worked for him and signs it, does he need to have it signed then by a JP? Or can we take it to a JP to certify it? Do we even need to? Can I take any original document to a JP and they will sign it? Am I thinking through this too much? Help!

Thanks so much!

INZ will check that your evidence is genuine by contacting anybody they want to, anyway. That is part of what takes the time when processing an application.

I guess this reply is for me. Do you mean they contact the relevant parties prior to sending ITA as well?

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    INZ will check that your evidence is genuine by contacting anybody they want to, anyway. That is part of what takes the time when processing an application.

Quote Originally Posted by jongela View Post
    Hello,

Thanks so much!
    Hi there,

Last time, I just sent the original certificate of employment from my previous company. Then, someone from immigration had checked and verified the details stated on the certificate.

Regards,

With most evidence, you can either send an original document such as a signed letter on headed paper or an actual birth certificate, for example, or you can take the original document to a solicitor, JP, notary (or the District Courts if in NZ) and get a certified copy made instead. If you send in original documents that you will want INZ to return to you, each document should be accompanied by a simple photocopy that does not need to be certified. The immigration officer can then check that the copy is the same as the original, file the copy and return the original to you.

Thanks so much, everyone. If an original document is an email, such as our background check, will that be all right to send in? Obviously there is no way to tell if it is a copy or not - I think that is what is bothering me?

We were part of the Jan. 7 pool.

Greatly appreciate all your advice - thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by pooh View Post
    I guess this reply is for me. Do you mean they contact the relevant parties prior to sending ITA as well?
    No. INZ clerks look over any EOI that has been selected to see if it looks as if it's going to be okay, based on what the person says about themself, before sending the ITA. You send your evidence WITH the ITA. Then it gets verified in detail.

hmm Thanks JandM.

I don't think we can send an original document received via email as a soft-copy. When we get a print out of it, then it becomes a copy of the original and we can't get it certified as an copy of the original since we don't have the original to show to JP.

I also wan't to know if there is a way to send documents which received as soft-copies via emails. If this is possible, it might help collecting partnership evidences.

Thanks.

I'm pretty much in the same situation. Checklist provided along with ITA is quite confusing.

Capture.JPG

Do i need to send photocopies for the documents for which there is no explicit statement(Originals/Certified Copies)

Also what about the partnership evidence ?
    Do we need to send certified copies of air tickets/hotel reservations/lease agreement/photos ? As stated by pooh earlier , all these were soft copies sent to our emails and we have created a pdf document out of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast