Thread: Applying Temp visa for wife along with my application for Work visa.

Question Applying Temp visa for wife along with my application for Work visa.

Hi I need an advice from someone who knows about this matter or has gone through this.
    My open job search visa expires this March 2015. I have my wife here with me in NZ whose visiting visa also expires on the same date.
    I just got an permanent job offer from a company, and I will be applying for my Work permit this week. Is it possible to apply for partnership based visa for my wife to get her visa extended along with my application, Or do i need to wait till my visa gets approved and then apply for hers.

Am i able to apply for Post-study work visa(employee assisted) even if i am currently on my Post study work visa (open) ?

I did my Post Grad in Business Admin from NZ and have a Bachelors in Mechanical enggn from India. The role I am offer permanent job is "Sales and Production Coordinator".

DO you reckon I should apply for Work visa based on:

1. Essential Skills OR
    2. Post Study work visa

Pm me if u can help me out or reply below.
    Only serious reply's please.

Hello Jacksonjoy,

Please be advised that you need to make five posts before the personal messaging can be activated. It is either you post on this thead of yours or make posts in other threads. As of now you have one post, so 4 more to go and your PM privilege will be activated approx after 20 minutes. I have learned about this in the previous posts of the Admin in some thread. Hope this info can be of help.

You can apply for your wife's visa at the same time as yours, linking the applications with a covering letter, and the CO will supply extra information (like your visa number) as it becomes available.

You can apply for your next visa at any time - you don't have to wait for the end of the existing one.

You don't have to use the option of a post study work visa - you can go straight to the Essential Skills one if you qualify.