Thread: Is 15 bonus points for your combined work experience given last year still awarded?

Default Is 15 bonus points for your combined work experience given last year still awarded?

I got married last Month and would get another 10 points for my partner as she has a diploma. I went onto the Online facility to check for how many points I would get now and it says 130.

I applied for NZ PR previously but it was not successful.

I was just wondering whether the bonus points (points 3 and 4 below) I was given last time still applies at the moment as its not stated in the points calculation. These points would give me the additional points require to reach 140 points.

I would be happy if you can help me out as I want to apply again fr my PR.

Thanks

Attached breakdown of points in last application.

Our assessment of your application
    We have completed a first assessment of your application and note that:

1. You have claimed 10 bonus points each for your qualification and work experience in the area of Identified Future Growth. As you do not have skilled employment in the area of Identified Future Growth in New Zealand, we are unable to award you those bonus points under SM16.10 and SM13.10. (Copies attached).

2. You have 2 recognised degrees from the University ... We have awarded you 60 points for your highest qualification at level 9, which is your Master degree under SM14.10.g (Copy attached).

3. We have awarded you 10 bonus points for your Master degree in the area of absolute skills shortage as University Lecturer. We are unable to award you an additional 10 bonus points for your Bachelor degree because the Instructions only allowed points for one qualification only.

4. We have recognised your work experience and when combined, they total 6 years and we have awarded you 20points and another 15 bonus points for your combined work experience as a University Lecturer and ICT Professional.

Yes, University Lecturer is still an area of absolute skills shortage, so you should still get those bonus points.

As I expect you want to include your wife on your SMC application, please notice the requirement to have 12 months' proof of living together.