Thread: Temp Work Visa sent electronically from Sydney to Suva consulate for processing

Default Temp Work Visa sent electronically from Sydney to Suva consulate for processing

Hello!

I just wanted to see if anyone had a similar experience or can offer any advice.

I sent my application for a TWV based on partnership to the Sydney consulate. A week later I received my application back, along with all my supporting docs and passport, and said my request has been forwarded on to the Suva consulate in Fiji for processing. It said I will not need an actually copy of my visa in my passport, instead I will get a decision electronically. Ok cool.

This is my second time applying and is quite different than when I applied to the USA consulate. My held on to my passport the entire time. A few things were added to my application this time and I feel there should be no reason I will not get approval this time.

My question is: Should I view this as a good sign? That they are doing in electronically? Or is being sent to Suva a bad thing? Anyone have a similar experiene?

Well sounds strange at first but if you give it a second thought its maybe because the case load of the sydney office is very high at the moment so they are "sharing" it with other offices.
    Probably just made copies of everything themselves and send it over , but dont really understand why you got your full application back ... Thats pretty weird , maybe somone else can clarify , i am just guessing here

Quote Originally Posted by fabs View Post
    Well sounds strange at first but if you give it a second thought its maybe because the case load of the sydney office is very high at the moment so they are "sharing" it with other offices.
    Probably just made copies of everything themselves and send it over , but dont really understand why you got your full application back ... Thats pretty weird , maybe somone else can clarify , i am just guessing here
    No , there is no longer any INZ presence in Australia. Applications go to a VAC and are then handled using an e-visa procees with applications considered sometimes in Suva or in Palmerston North.

Alright that makes more sense , I guess because of the Trans tasman agreement Its not really necessary now is it