Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: B B Q Warning

We ended up getting the Masport Lifestyle 4 BBQ. It is really good and cooks enough food to feed 5 of us.

BBQ Factory are expensive though. If you can have a look in Mitre 10, you get fly buys as well.

Gas bottle is around the $40 mark and then $15 to fill it up.

$300NZ for a Webber? Ouch! Maybe we should bring a spare when we come over.

no kidding . . . we just picked up a used webber at a garage sale for $20! Maybe we'll have to clean it up and see if we can ship it.

Our bbqing skills are sadly underdeveloped & I'm hoping that 'teaching the ignorant immigrants the NZ way to bbq' will be a good icebreaker with our future neighbors and coworkers

Is there any guildance on shipping BBQ's over. They are fairly impossible to get spotless and since they are stored outside and have contact with meat I had thought that MAF would be very anti-them. I had planned to leave ours here as thought the MAF cleaning fine would make it unviable to bring them but seeing the cost of replacing in NZ Im thinking again.
    It would be great if we could bring our's over as OH has a collection of them. Anyone any advise on the best way to bring a BBQ over. Has everyone just steam cleaned theirs.
    Debbie

Avalon, did you buy the 6 burner weekender? We are eyeing the same one and wanted to get your input if you pick one up.

Thanks!

Chris

Chris,

Not yet im afraid - had to meet some new people and go to a party this weekend - then trekked to Riversdale beach for a picnic today (it was grey and cloudy but what the hell). Somehow shopping just got left off the list (wihich is wierd!)

I may be popping to Mitre 10 Mega on tuesday and BBQ factory on Tuesday (there arent any in the Wiararapra) so I can actually see one in real life - ill let you know what I think!

Well, we went ahead and got one yesterday. Seems quite nice great price compared to others like it, we have not fired it up yet but after we get the canister filled we are plannning on breaking it in later this week.

Thanks for the input!

Chris,

Could you let me know where you got it from and the price? I have to budget quite carefully, so If I can knock a few bucks off that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie
    Is there any guildance on shipping BBQ's over. They are fairly impossible to get spotless and since they are stored outside and have contact with meat I had thought that MAF would be very anti-them. I had planned to leave ours here as thought the MAF cleaning fine would make it unviable to bring them but seeing the cost of replacing in NZ Im thinking again.
    It would be great if we could bring our's over as OH has a collection of them. Anyone any advise on the best way to bring a BBQ over. Has everyone just steam cleaned theirs.
    Debbie
    We just scrubbed and cleaned the grill.
    Maff didn't want it espcially cleaned.

Can anyone tell me if I will run into the same connector problem for the fuel if I bring over my gas grill from America?

Thank you!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast