Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: B B Q Warning

The real problem is not the compatibility of gas bottle connectors, but of the incompatibility of gas.

A UK barbie will operate on one of either propane (red cylinder) or butane (blue cylinder), but you cant buy either of those gases here in NZ. Well, you can, but I was quoted over 400 bucks for a fill for a 9KG bottle of propane!!!!!

What you can get readily (just about every garage forecourt) is LPG, which is a mixture of butane and propane. So the official answer is that you cant operate a UK BBQ off readily available gas in NZ.

I brought a UK patio heater to NZ, and have sucessfully connected it to LPG, and although it sounds a little odd (different gas pressures) it operates reasonable well, though not as well as it could on the right gas of the right pressure.

If you are competent to make gas connections you can get what you need from several chains, but if you need to ask, then you dont know enough to do the job with a sufficient degree of safety.

Default I'll be able to let you know soon...

Movers here today and loading up the grill from the U.S.
    I've heard that the LPG will work fine, but should be able to let you know in about 8 weeks!

Good luck with the move Tatch, where are you headed?

*sigh* we are going to have to scrap the BBQ

If we get a gas expert to fix convert the pipe going into the BBQ its doubtful that the LPG gas will work.
    Ian SAID to sell the BBQ when we were still in the UK but I veto'd that and insisted that we take it. (that makes it 1 all on the take it vs sell it stakes between us)

So this weekend we will be buying an new bbq. just as well I got my UK tax rebate cheque through the post .... the good lord gives with one hand and the take it back with the other

Miffy

What was Ians score of 1 for?

D

He sold the Dyson I wanted to bring it with us
    Said it wouldn't pass maff as it had dust / dirt in it.

Sold it on e-bay, he cleaned it up to take the picture and then AGAIN to sell it. By the time he was finished it was sparkling almost like new.
    Would have passed Maff with flying colours, with a gold star.

I now have a stupied little philips thing, found it in the rental house, no suck on it, has a messy bag to change, no suction what so ever, holes in the piple, heavy, noisy, did I mention the lack of suction?
    pah!

so we are "one all" on the what we should have / shoudn't have bought with us

Talking

Miffy

We're thinking of buying a hoover. What's the suction like on the Phillip's smaller models, please?

D x

The bloody BBQ saga continues ....

Going to buy one at the weekend so went to all the BBQ shops (bbq warehouse, 4 seasons, mitre 10 & the warehouse) found a great one in the warehouse, big, but not crazy big and at the right price. BUT everyone else in Dunners must have found it it also before us. As they have run out and awaiting a new deliver "soon"

Maybe when mitre 10 mega opens soon they will have some deals going on ....

Well, im now the proud owner of a Weekender Delux 6, and we are christening it tonight!

Fingers crossed that I dont destroy the steaks.

You will do fine with it Avalon. We just broke ours in a couple days ago and it really worked great. I am very happy with it so far!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast