Thread: smc questions

Default smc questions

Hi i got an email from my CO saying completed my employment verification.
    there is some concern on my employment that is not substantially match for ANZSCO code ( Restaurant manager)
    only few points (2) that she raise as the problem/ issues.
    she given me time of 2 weeks to submit comment/ further evidence.

is it the end of my application? should i go for an appeal if they rejected my application?

thanks!

This is NOT NECESSARILY the end of your application.

It is just what it says. The CO is looking at the description of the job given at ANZSCO, and the description of the job given by you and your employer, and telling you two things you DON'T seem to be doing, according to what you've told her. It may be just a question of the wording you and your boss have used. If, actually, you DO do the work she's saying is not mentioned, you can send proof.

some points that i didn't do based on the ANZSCO is because its shared responsibility or the owners responsibility.
    at the end of the letter she said that she is not satisfied based on my positon (duty manager) as substantially match as ANZSCO restaurant manager.

anyway, i am preparing for the worse, should i go ahead with appeal? and is the chance slim?

I think you can claim that things you SHARE responsibility for could count. It all depends what the owner is prepared to state that you do - even doing those responsibilites SOMETIMES can make a difference.

If you can't get any statements to say you do those things, then the CO will have to refuse. If not enough things match ANZSCO, she does not have any choice in the matter.

Also, if she has to refuse the application for the reason that the tasks do not match ANZSCO, an appeal will not be able to find any difference.

so there is 3 out of 8 tasks that she is not satisfied that i am doing that.
    is it all has to be 8 out of 8 to be considered successful?

I have heard of people getting through with one or (more rarely) two tasks not matching.