Thread: Urgently Need Help with Online EOI Application !!!!

Default Urgently Need Help with Online EOI Application !!!!

Dear All,
    I am new to the forum and NZ immigration as well. This forum looks really nice and thanks to all for putting their valuable time and efforts to help others. I seek following clarification regarding submitting online EOI application. Would really appreciate your responses. Please help!!!!!!!!!!

(1) I, the primary applicant, have a M.Sc Degree Civil Engineering from USA. Is this qualification equivalent to a Level 9 and entitled to 60 points for Skilled Migration Category? Moreover, does this qualification requires an assessment from New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) or it is considered at par with New Zealand educational standards? Will I be entitled for bonus points for this qualification.

(2) My wife’s educational qualification is a Bachelor of Science (Computers) i.e. 12+3 from Osmania University, Hyderabad, India. Do I need to get her qualification assessed by New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) or her qualification is also acceptable per New Zealand qualification standards. Is it equivalent to level 7 and entitled to 50 points? What does Bachelor with Honors means? Does it have to do anything with percentage passing i.e. First Class, Second Class etc.?

(3) My wife's entire education is in English language. Is it still mandatory for her to appear for English language test like IELTS etc?

(4) My work experience is in the Long term Skill Shortage/Absolute skill shortage list (Occupation code-233214 Structural Engineer). I have 2 years of work experience in USA and about 5 years of work experience in India. In order to claim points for my skilled employment does my work experience gained in India would be considered equivalent to comparable labor market? Will I be allotted points for my work experience in India or it would be just for USA? What documents are required to claim points and bonus points for skill shortage? Is job reference letter from previous employers required or mandatory?

(5) I have no immigration adviser and I would like to apply by myself. What option should I select in filling the online form for Expression of Interest where I am asked to select any of following options for immigration adviser Unlicensed, Licensed and exempt? There is no option to select “no advisor”. How do i complete this section, because without selecting any of the above choices the form is not completed and the status remains “NO” under the heading “Completed”.

(6) I have studied and worked in USA from 2006 to 2010 (which is 4 years). Will I be required to submit police clearance certificate for my stay in USA. In the checklist, which I have downloaded from website (http://www.immigration.govt.nz/branc...checklists.htm) it is mentioned that police certificate is required from country in which one has lived for 5 years or more.

(7) What if after submitting expression of interest, I don’t receive invitation to apply within 6months. Will I be refunded the application fees for submission of EOI?

(8) Are there any ceiling or cap limit on number of application for EOI? Is there any time line or deadline for submission of EOI? How many points would ascertain receiving ITA?

(9) In general how long does it takes from submission of EOI to ITA, to move to NZ?

Thanks

I'm not going to have time to answer all your questions right now, but I will come back and look at the thread again tomorrow to try to fill any gaps.

For the moment, I will say to you about your questions 1 and 2... the Immigration NZ website has a list of qualifications exempt from assessment. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/35171.htm This is the procedure you need to follow for both your own and your wife's qualification. You click on the country where the qualification was obtained, and search the list for the institution that awarded it. You need to find YOUR qualification mentioned by the exact name, awarded by YOUR institution, and the dates in the last column need to cover the year when you graduated. If you do not find this kind of mention, you will have to apply for assessment by NZQA. http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/qualificatio...ns-assessment/

On the other issues, do please use Search to find relevant threads on the forum - many questions have already been answered - and also, use Google to help you with finding the right part of the INZ website, for instance "Immigration NZ English requirements" brings you many hits that will answer your question 3. https://www.google.co.uk/#q=immigrat...e+requirements

3) No it is not mandatory. if you can provide proofs that she did her qualification in English by providing letters from the institute or university stating the name of the course, duration and everything was covered in English. But CO can still ask her to do IELTS.

5) Check again, you might have missed something. I didn't come across such a situation when filling EOI, I do also applied by my self.

6) As I know you need to provide PCC if you have lived more than 12 months in the country.

7) No they don't refund.

8) If you submit your EOI before 24 hours for the selecting time and if you have 140 marks, it gets selected automatically

9) Depends on the branch and if you have a job offer or not.

These information is only based on the my knowledge gained by referring the guides and the other peoples' experiences. Therefore, these might not be accurate.

I agree with what the previous poster has said. I'd just add to number 8, for the sake of other people seeing this thread, that anyone with a job offer will be immediately selected with a minimum of 100 points. Without a job offer, the way the NZ government has the immigration quotas set at the moment means that nobody with less than 140 points has had their EOI selected in a long time, so anyone very keen to move but with fewer than 140 points probably has their best chance by trying very hard to get a NZ skilled job offer.

Oh Sorry, I missed to add it to the point 8 JandM. Thanks for it, you are always here to help us. Thanks.

Thanks JandM and pooh for your responses; appreciate it. JandM great job man you are the best. Thanks for helping us out man. Thank You very muchhhh!!!!!

Keep up the good work.

Any info on how long does the assessment from NZQA takes and what would it cost?

Also do I need to get done "International Qualification Assessment" - NZ$404 or Overseas Study Assessment - NZ$178

http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/qualificatio...ns-assessment/ See here. You need the IQA, and as it says, the standard assessment takes 35 working days (if all the paperwork is provided and everything goes smoothly), or you can pay extra for fast tracking - 20 working days. Look near the bottom of the page for links to a Guide which answers a lot of questions, and also the details of the evidence required and matters about the fees.

Just for the sake of avoiding confusion - the Police Checks requirement is different for residence than for temporary visas. The "five years" you quoted originally is for temp visas, the previous respondents are quite right about it being "one year or more in the last ten years". If anyone is in any doubt, see http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/45181.htm