Thread: Need a car for learning.

Default Need a car for learning.

Hi There!

I live in Auckland CBD, am having learner license, looking for a car during weekend to learn and if you are Full driving license holder who can teach me would be double gr8.

The car driving lessons are very expensive and not to my budget.

Nav

Not sure if you will find anyone as this will increase car insurance (which could be more expensive than the learning classes) of the person willing to offer.

As usual ask AA or any insurer first about the cost of adding additional drivers to the car insurance . It may be no more than a couple of $$$ to the insurance payments or just an administrative detail.

Also you are looking at the costs/money spend on hiring a pro driving instructor not the benefit. You need to realize that they are professionals and thus able to instruct you properly in how to drive, what testers are looking out for. And they also have cars with high safety standards; many of their cars have dual controls and brakes.

I don't think so! OH drives on overseas license and I pay about $40-$50 more per month for her as additional driver on our cars.

Quote Originally Posted by batgirl1001 View Post
    just an administrative detail.

Right, overseas license. Not leaners.

Actually I paid nothing (I have a NZ license) when I borrowed my friend's car when I came over to stay for 2 weeks. Just needed a copy of my license and added me to his insurance. All with a click of a button.

From our experience (children who started driving as learner's etc) it does definitely make a difference having drivers on learner's licence added to your insurance- the other criteria is the age.
    We started our insurance history here on overseas licences, that wasn't a problem at all.

It's better to bite the bullet and pay to take lessons from the driving school. Learning as a beginner with a non-insured or certified instructor in busy Auckland roads is not the best idea.