Thread: Partnership based visa application Questions

Default Partnership based visa application Questions

Hi Everyone,

I have recently finished my studies here in NZ and currently waiting for my work visa to come out. I've been reading this forum to learn some tips on how can i go about getting my partner to join me here in NZ. We're not married yet. We've been together as a couple for 6 years now. 5 years living in together in 1 roof. 1 year in long distance relationship. In terms of providing relationship evidence, I'm kind of not sure if what we have will be sufficient.We used to rent an apartment and during our 5 years living in together we use to move from one apartment to another. Sadly, we have not kept our rental contract. But on December of 2012, we moved in to my parents house since nobody lives there anymore. My parents and my sister is in US. It was 2014 when I went to study in NZ. These are the lists of what we can potentially provide for the application.

We got photos from 2009 - 2015, this includes photos of us when i was still in the Philippines with family and friends. Screen Captures of our conversation on Facetime , skype, Facebook and viber messages.

Plane tickets of our Holiday vacations and accommodation receipts 2010-2012

Phone bills under my name and she also has under hers ,Bills such as utility bills goes under my dads name ( this is what I'm not sure about )

We got some of her public documents like Police Clearance,Drivers License and Job Contract to the same house address.

We send packages/parcels same address ( receipts are kept )

Remittance receipts I sent her from March 2014 up to this date also we got remittance from my mom with both of our names as the receiver back in 2012,

We don't have a joint account. Can we use a cancelled credit card? I use to have one and she was my extension for that account.
    I'd also like to ask if anyone knows, if would it make an impact if i have lodge my work visa application putting "single" on the relationship status field and eventually pursuing this application for my partner? What do i have to provide in the partners supporting partnership based or INZ 1146?

Any answers will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

In my experience the more evidence of your living arrangement is the better. Its a shame you had disregarded your old rental contract as these are probably a big key to getting the first visa on basis of partnership in my experience.

If you have a way of contacting the people which whom you use to pay rent to together and get them to send a confirmation email with the dates that would be really good.

apart from that anything else that links you both together is really good:

- letters to and from each other and conversations via skype, facebook etc while you were apart
    - utility bills (at least 2 if you can)
    - support letters from family and friends
    - photographs doing things together
    - bank statements

All in all, showing you are together and were living together is the big first step and key to getting the visa so yeah as i said try get those letters to confirm you were once living together in the same household together.

Quote Originally Posted by kn1029 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I have recently finished my studies here in NZ and currently waiting for my work visa to come out. I've been reading this forum to learn some tips on how can i go about getting my partner to join me here in NZ. We're not married yet. We've been together as a couple for 6 years now. 5 years living in together in 1 roof. 1 year in long distance relationship. In terms of providing relationship evidence, I'm kind of not sure if what we have will be sufficient.We used to rent an apartment and during our 5 years living in together we use to move from one apartment to another. Sadly, we have not kept our rental contract. But on December of 2012, we moved in to my parents house since nobody lives there anymore. My parents and my sister is in US. It was 2014 when I went to study in NZ. These are the lists of what we can potentially provide for the application.

We got photos from 2009 - 2015, this includes photos of us when i was still in the Philippines with family and friends. Screen Captures of our conversation on Facetime , skype, Facebook and viber messages.

Plane tickets of our Holiday vacations and accommodation receipts 2010-2012

Phone bills under my name and she also has under hers ,Bills such as utility bills goes under my dads name ( this is what I'm not sure about )

We got some of her public documents like Police Clearance,Drivers License and Job Contract to the same house address.

We send packages/parcels same address ( receipts are kept )

Remittance receipts I sent her from March 2014 up to this date also we got remittance from my mom with both of our names as the receiver back in 2012,

We don't have a joint account. Can we use a cancelled credit card? I use to have one and she was my extension for that account.
    I'd also like to ask if anyone knows, if would it make an impact if i have lodge my work visa application putting "single" on the relationship status field and eventually pursuing this application for my partner? What do i have to provide in the partners supporting partnership based or INZ 1146?

Any answers will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Thank you for your response. We will try to get hold of our previous land lord then.