Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need advice on submitting IQA documents

Default Need advice on submitting IQA documents

Hi All,

I'm in the process of submitting my documents. During this, I stumbled upon earlier post http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=39567, which helped me to understand that its necessary to submit the Appendix B to get a specific outcome. However, I'm little confused on the "NEW ZEALAND QUALIFICATIONS AUTHORITY QUALIFICATION COMPARABILITY ASSESSMENT REQUEST" form.

My qualification is Bachelor in Engineering with major subject as "Electronics and Communication Engineering" and 10+ years of experience in software industry.

Will the below letter, be sufficient for me to get a specific outcome for my qualification and will I be able to claim bonus points for my qualification under the Occupational Group ICT, Electronics and Telecommunication.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I <Name>, intending to apply for bonus points for having a qualification in an area of absolute skills shortage.

I would appreciate an assessment considering whether my qualification(s) is/are comparable to the qualification(s) specified on the current LTSSL under:

Software Engineer (261313).
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, as I will be submitting for my partner as well, where in only Qualification has to be accessed to gain 20 points. Do I need to submit the "NEW ZEALAND QUALIFICATIONS AUTHORITY QUALIFICATION COMPARABILITY ASSESSMENT REQUEST" form and any experience letter.

Experts, please adivce.

As you're suggesting sending a letter saying what the "form" from Appendix B says, it should work fine - there is not a generally known form provided anywhere. Many people have simply said in their own words in a cover letter what they were trying to achieve by asking for the IQA.

Your wife does not need a specific outcome. There is no need for any extra form with her application.

If you are to claim bonus points under LTSSL for the occupation of Software Engineer, your qualification should be comparatively assessed to one of the qualifications in the last column of the LTSSL.

JandM, Please correct me if I'm wrong.

That's it. The heading on that column (here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...9D5/0/1093.pdf) is as follows.
    In order to claim bonus points for qualifications
    in an area of absolute skill shortage under the
    Skilled Migrant Category, applicants must meet
    the following specifications

I just searched term "Electronics and Communication Engineering" and found below list of previous threads, hope you can get an idea.

http://www.google.co.nz/cse?cx=partn...ing&gsc.page=1

Quote Originally Posted by sjj View Post
    Hi All,

I'm in the process of submitting my documents. During this, I stumbled upon earlier post http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=39567, which helped me to understand that its necessary to submit the Appendix B to get a specific outcome. However, I'm little confused on the "NEW ZEALAND QUALIFICATIONS AUTHORITY QUALIFICATION COMPARABILITY ASSESSMENT REQUEST" form.

My qualification is Bachelor in Engineering with major subject as "Electronics and Communication Engineering" and 10+ years of experience in software industry.

Will the below letter, be sufficient for me to get a specific outcome for my qualification and will I be able to claim bonus points for my qualification under the Occupational Group ICT, Electronics and Telecommunication.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I <Name>, intending to apply for bonus points for having a qualification in an area of absolute skills shortage.

I would appreciate an assessment considering whether my qualification(s) is/are comparable to the qualification(s) specified on the current LTSSL under:

Software Engineer (261313).

Also, as I will be submitting for my partner as well, where in only Qualification has to be accessed to gain 20 points. Do I need to submit the "NEW ZEALAND QUALIFICATIONS AUTHORITY QUALIFICATION COMPARABILITY ASSESSMENT REQUEST" form and any experience letter.

Experts, please adivce.
    NEW ZEALAND QUALIFICATIONS AUTHORITY QUALIFICATION COMPARABILITY ASSESSMENT REQUEST" form is required only for the Principal applicant (which is you) and not required for your spouse.

I had recently sent this form while applying for IQA and they had provided me a Level 7 Specific outcome.

My qualification is Electronics and Instrumentation engineering. NZQA provided a comparable assessment to Bachelor of Engineering Technology in Electronics Engineering which is one of the qualification in LTSSL.

Hope this helps.

Yes, anyway, I as a primary applicant sent the "NEW ZEALAND QUALIFICATIONS AUTHORITY QUALIFICATION COMPARABILITY ASSESSMENT REQUEST" from and received a specific outcome.

And for my partner, I didn't send the above form, but still she also received a specific outcome and I didn't even mention in her cover letter.

So I think for safe side, for the primary applicant, it is better sending the above form, or else a simple cover letter as mentioned in the original post above also would alright. For my application I sent the above form and I mentioned my requirement in my personalized cover letter also.

So nothing to worry about it, the problem here we have is whether the degree "Electronics and Communication Engineering" can be assessed according to fulfill the LTSSL requirement under the occupation of Software Engineer.
    Last edited by pooh; 11th February 2015 at 03:01 PM.

Hi JandM, pooh and nms.sun3,

Thanks for the clarification on the form to be submitted.
    I do have a hope now that I can claim the LTSSL bonus points, based on my qualification.

Quote Originally Posted by sjj View Post
    Hi JandM, pooh and nms.sun3,

Thanks for the clarification on the form to be submitted.
    I do have a hope now that I can claim the LTSSL bonus points, based on my qualification.
    Hi there,

My degree is Bachelor of Science in Electronics and Communications Engineering, but my job is more on Telecommunications. The NZQA result of my assessment was Bachelor of Applied Science major in Telecommunications and I can claim the LTSSL bonus points.

Regards,

Thanks all.

Have submitted my and partner's IQA. Hoping for the best now.

Thanks for the guidance and all the information provided.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast