Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SMC Approved - Thanks to ENZ

Default SMC Approved - Thanks to ENZ

Pleased to share the glad news with you all – we got our NZ residence approved! Feeling MORE responsible.

Timeline (with a bit of a background)
    1999 – Started my stint in IT.
    2005-2013 Worked for a renowned UK(offshore development and support centre) in India.
    May 2013 – resigned from my Job. (The greatest challenge I have taken in my life. Sold every assets. After all, no pain - no gain).
    July 2013 – Joined UCOL, Palmerston North.
    Nov 2013 – Family (BIG) joined me
    July 2014– Completed my L7 course in IT-Computer Networks.
    Aug 2014– Got my post study work visa.
    Sep 2014– Got my first job in NZ as IT Consultant.
    Oct 2014– Applied for SMC
    Nov 2014– Submitted ITA
    Jan 2014– Approved

Many thanks to JandM and Karen, this forum and you both have been of immense help for me from the start. I appreciate your honest service and the patience in providing the apt responses.

As you would understand from my profile, I haven’t asked any question until now. I came across a lots of doubts and questions however, every time I could find my answer just by doing a quick search on this forum.
    Could be because that I am on to IT that I know how and where to search for information. It just an easy go, google it be typing your query+enz.org.
    Again, Sorry for not providing any advice to IT related queries so far, something surely I would do going forward.

Just thought of sharing a couple of thoughts and experiences I had, hope it helps.
    1. Immigration.govt.nz and enz.org are the only sites I referred for the entire process and it’s with wealth of information.
    2. The more you do your homework the more you would be confident of.
    3. Be honest with Immigration. I admire the transparent process they follow.
    4. Be thankful to person/service you are getting. (One of our supporting documents we used to prove our partnership was an email send to appreciate an immigration officer for the exemplary service provided).
    5. Invest time when you select your course/college.
    6. Be ready to take any job or do some part-time summer job when you are a student. It’s more like learning the culture and community around you than earning money.
    7. Keep focused when you are on job hunt – It’s not that easy as your are thinking.
    8. If you know what you are doing – you got a job here in NZ.
    9. Lastly, let the primary objective be to contribute yours skills for the development of NZ.

We thank almighty for giving us this great opportunity and we pray for all those who are on the process of migration - let all your dream come true!

Tail end: I am sure my partner is so confident now that she is ready to migrate to moon with me if I ask her to, lol.

Kind regards,
    Ginz

Congratulations, mate! Which branch?

Thanks! Mate. Auckland Central.

Congratulations to you and the family!

Congratulations!

Congratulations...!!

Thanks! all
    Last edited by ginz; 11th February 2015 at 08:26 AM.

Congratulations! It's super quick.
    As you stated you started working in 1999, you have already gained a lot of experience before coming to NZ, right

Thanks! l00k. Exactly however, there is a whole lot difference in the work environment here. yeah..you are your own boss

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast