Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying used cars from this website http://www.beforward.jp/

Default Buying used cars from this website http://www.beforward.jp/

Hi Guys,

Anyone from this forum has experienced buying used cars from beforward.jp? Any feedback? Is it safe to buy from them? Cos I find the price really quite cheap.

Thanks

Hi,
    2 guys (1 of them twice) from work have used them without any issues.
    Cheers

Hi JJG, thanks for the reply cos I'm really thinking to buy from them.

sounds very tempting.

Just be mindful of the import rules, there were some changes way back in 2012

law change has seen New Zealand standards brought into line with Japan and that means no vehicles made before 2005 can be imported.

kudachi01 did you buy the car from http://www.beforward.jp/ any issues? I am also looking to buy from them. Please share if you faced any issues.

Same here I am also planning to buy from beforward. Can anybody share a walkthrough or step by step process here in nz that needs to be done?..

Thanks to the OP Kudachi01 for this thread.

I keyed in details and the process looks straight forward, other day I spoke about it with couple of my friends to see if I was missing anything. The website seems to be avoiding the agents in between which saves quite a lot but I would also like to hear on the risk vs savings.

I think you cant import cars older than 2005 into NZ but otherwise they do have some good collection. The only challenge for us is that we are picky about smell (most of the Japanese imported cars which we have seen at local dealers had strong cigarette smell and at times mark of cigarettes on the seats and dashboard.).

One of the guys from work is on his 4th car from then.
    He hasn't had any issues so far.

Anybody knows what needs to be done nz part? Documents needed & where to?

There are a couple of companies doing this sort of thing in NZ; cut out the middleman- which is the dealer. Some even allow you to bid at the auctions yourself, collect and deliver the car, arrange all the documents needed, customs etc. All this for a fee. The auctions are conducted and paid for in yen so this can be even cheaper than normal buying from a Japanese exporter.

Be Forward seems to be a seller/distributor of export cars so the price is more or less fixed subject to currency fluctuations. Given the US$ is riding high, this can be quite prohibitive to some but in the long term you are looking at certainty. Personally I find it quite attractive and would be interested in looking into it further .

My only concern is that they have too few cars from 2008 and newer and not enough models of the sort I am looking for SUV/MPV. Buying a small or mid-size hatch/sedan is fine but the cost savings is hardly there.

Sun777 is right. Japanese men like to smoke and I observed they smoke in their cars with the air-con on so the smell does recirculate and stick on. But smells can be eliminated by removing the air-con filter and steaming/shampoo the car interior and upholstery. No matter what, you would want to do this - even if this is a non-smoker car, you still don't know where it has been and how long it has been cleaned.

For NZ you can only import Japanese cars from 2005 onward due to the vehicle emissions standard regulations. In NZ it is Euro IV or Japanese 2005, so anything older would probably be too risky unless you can prove certain exemptions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast