Thread: Skilled Migrant

Default Skilled Migrant

HI There

i have applied under skilled migrant category for my resident visa, i have been interviewed by the verification officer who came to my work place, now i got an email from the case officer that she wants to see the last three GST returns for the company i am working under, now the problem is that last 2 of the companies GST returns are showing Tax refund as the expenses where more than sale, it was because company was newly opened and the renovation costs were accounted in the returns, these costs are not normal expenses, so now the questionis how should i present or explain this to my case officer.

she just wanted to know that if the business is sustainable..
    please help

Quote Originally Posted by guri View Post
    HI There

i have applied under skilled migrant category for my resident visa, i have been interviewed by the verification officer who came to my work place, now i got an email from the case officer that she wants to see the last three GST returns for the company i am working under, now the problem is that last 2 of the companies GST returns are showing Tax refund as the expenses where more than sale, it was because company was newly opened and the renovation costs were accounted in the returns, these costs are not normal expenses, so now the questionis how should i present or explain this to my case officer.

she just wanted to know that if the business is sustainable..
    please help

Its quite possible for a business to take some time to start up and get accounts in the profit side. From what I understand, your case officer may want to see credibility of your employer (or company). The best approach is always to write a cover letter explaining the circumstances (not sure if you can justify the company's financial standing but just give information/commentary as an employee). Provide just accurate information as you would not want to get into any litigation with the IRD. From what I understand GST refunds doesn't show the sustainability of a company i.e. for export business there will always be GST refunds higher than GST paid (just some amateur understanding of finance so please excuse if this is wrong)

Attach business plan of your company (if possible).

All the best !

Thank U sun777

case officer has accepted the returns and she was satisfied with that, and she has approved my application, just sending my passport now

Thanks a lot again

Congrats! That's good news