Thread: Upated ICT analysis for NZ

Default Upated ICT analysis for NZ

Anyone interested in heading to NZ to study or work in IT may find this newsletter useful http://wp.me/p3Xjgn-fh. It is an analysis of jobs and courses by region, skill area etc. These are published regularly by a friend and former colleague and may be a useful source of information.

Thank you for sharing. It is very interesting. I will make the move soon to find work in NZ in the ITC sector.

Same here. I am looking for IT Project Management Role but not sure of the job prospect in Auckland for this role?

Quote Originally Posted by charlesa View Post
    Thank you for sharing. It is very interesting. I will make the move soon to find work in NZ in the ITC sector.

I would say that it will depend on your exact skill set and experience. As you are now close to possession of your residence visa, you will be in a much stronger position. However, it may well be that you need to be in NZ with an NZ address and phone number before employers and recruitment agents will take you seriously. Once you have a date for travelling to NZ, feel free to send me a Private Message and I can then arrange for you send me a CV to pass on to contacts. Good luck! Karen

Thanks Karen. Will definitely do that. Any idea when is the best time to land in NZ seeking job?

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Phillips View Post
    I would say that it will depend on your exact skill set and experience. As you are now close to possession of your residence visa, you will be in a much stronger position. However, it may well be that you need to be in NZ with an NZ address and phone number before employers and recruitment agents will take you seriously. Once you have a date for travelling to NZ, feel free to send me a Private Message and I can then arrange for you send me a CV to pass on to contacts. Good luck! Karen

Hi. So long as you avoid mid-December to end January, there isn't really a good or bad time.