Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NZQA assessment for BCS(PGD)

Default NZQA assessment for BCS(PGD)

I have recently revived ITA under Skill migration category for PR , and I'm an IT professional with 10+ years experience including overseas UK, USA. And I represent absolute skill shortage category in Long Term Skill Shortage List.Both of us( myself and partner ) have done British Computer Society (Professional Graduate Diploma) - BCS(PGD) which is equivalent to university honours degree in UK.
    My question is , has NZQA accept BCS(PGD) as university honours degree in recent past?

Recently (Dec 2014), it received Level 7 generic outcome for my partner's ABE UK Level 5&6 Diploma and Advanced Diploma qualification.

You can search your qualification here http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/nzqf/search/results.do and check if any NZ qualification available which matches to your degree content. (Search your qualification name Professional Graduate Diploma in Keywords or Qualification Number text box, it will list down all the qualification which matches the name, then check one by one, for each course go to the offered university and try finding the course details and content in university website)

I did this and found that same course is available in NZ which has same subjects and course content of ABE UK qualification before submitting IQA.

Hope this help you.

Oh just noted that you are also from Sri Lanka.
    Last edited by pooh; 13th February 2015 at 02:45 PM.

Hi pooh...Thanks for the detailed explanation. Did you do your PAR for your wife's ABE UK qualification before going for the IQA??

@pandu....Did you apply for a PAR for your BCS?? whats the outcome plszz
    Last edited by gvvino; 31st May 2016 at 11:39 PM.

No, I went for IQA straightaway. No point of going for PAR.

thanks pooh for the information. I am also a srilankan currently working in Singapore. Already applied for my PAR and got it with level 7. Sent my wife's qualification for PAR today...waiting for the assessment. Any idea BCS prfessional graduate diploma is recognized by NZQA???

As I know, PAR is only considered the title of the qualification. Anyway, you have to do IQA when you apply for EOI. With IQA they check your degree content. So you might get different results than PAR. I have seen that is happening to some people in the forum.

You can find out, (at least have an idea) if your degree is available in NZ university by following the method I have described in the post number 2.

Nice to meet another Sri Lankan in this forum.

Hi Pooh thanks for the reply. Have u come across anyone's BCS (PGD) got recognized by NZQA during IQA???

I think Post-graduate qualifications are level 8 or higher in NZ. (I think)

Ah did you referring to this? http://www.bcs.org/category/18084

Have a look at this link; http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/nzqf/search/...status=Current

Here you have graduate diplomas in IT offered by NZ universities. Most of them are level 7. But you need to check if your wife's qualification syllabus is matching to one of these course syllabus by looking in the particular university website which is course is offered.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast