Thread: Please Help! Work-Visa holder and wants to practice as engineer here in NZ

Default Please Help! Work-Visa holder and wants to practice as engineer here in NZ

Hi All,

I'm new here and I'm not sure if I am on the right thread. Sorry mods.

I'm already here in New Zealand and a partnership based Work-Visa holder.
    I have a 6 years experience as an Electrical Engineer in the Philippines and I want practice the same profession here too(industrial construction works).
    Can someone please help show me the right path to take?

I've been searching a lot already but couldn't find answers to my questions. Most discussions are about someone wanting or processing their papers to be able to work here via immigration and are still yet to receive their visa. I tried to look for IPENZ vs EWRB discussions but most are for immigration purposes.

I want to work now but most of the job posted require an NZ certification/license of sort.
    Can I still work here in any electrical related jobs but doesn't require an electrical license/registration?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

To work as an electrician of any kind in NZ, you have to have registration and a license. You need to read through this page http://www.ewrb.govt.nz/training-and...ualifications/ to see what will be necessary - I see there is a link to the Philippines, so your existing qualification may be recognized and give you exemption from some of the formalities.